• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted July 09, 2015 - 07:59 PM

Recently there were 2 accidents with lawn tractors. I normally don't post stuff like this Please be careful around kids. And also keep an eye on your elderly friends

http://www.lehighval...mepage-featured

http://www.lehighval...llentown_m.html
  • Cvans, Traill95, boyscout862 and 5 others have said thanks

#2 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 730 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted July 09, 2015 - 09:46 PM

Wow! Sad. Just read them. You just never know... You just never know.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 03:17 AM

Last JD I bought had big safety video about how to run it and also yard clearing and specially kids. They said Kids to be in the house or out of yard being mowed. Tractor has a back-up button to push to allow movement in reverse when mowing. Video stated most accidents are with children following the mower around and operator not knowing child is there and backing over him/her.  The button is supposed to make a pause and give time to look back before moving.

• Alc, HDWildBill, WHdbJD and 1 other said thanks

#4 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 07:46 AM

The rule here is nothing moves until Heath (and any other kids that may be here) are accounted for. I made some friends mad when I made their kids get on the porch when I moved my truck. They said I shouldn't be telling their kids to do things. I asked if it was better that I killed them with a 9000 pound truck. They changed their tune.

• Alc, Canawler, WHdbJD and 1 other said thanks

#5 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 935 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 08:31 AM

I saw a kid mowing today on the way to work. 7AM in the fog and thick dew. The kid looked to be about 7 or 8 and was on a big ZTR. He had to reach up to work the handles, looked like a biker with ape hangers

• Alc said thank you

#6 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 11:13 PM

I'm with UncleWillie. I make all my boys move to where I can see them before moving my truck. I was loading a 52 Chevy on a rollback this evening and I made them move to the side because it was loading off center. If I am doing something noisy they have ear plugs and ear muffs on. I spent way too many years behind a chainsaw and grinders growing up along with shooting a shotgun and I suffer for it today. I do overkill but i want my boys protected as best as I can. They don't mow with my old stuff due to the lack of safety switches. They can ride them but no mowing. One slip changes lives. My grass doesn't need mowing that bad.
  • Alc said thank you

#7 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 11, 2015 - 09:34 PM

Heath found a set of tractor keys somewhere today. He went out with Steph when she was feeding animals and got in the Falcon. He was trying to start it. Fortunately it had the throttle all the way down. I know for a fact it will start in gear because I ran over my own foot with it. He was on the seat so it would have been an exciting ride for him. I may need to start disconnecting batteries.

• Alc said thank you