#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 05:31 PM

Buy a spot each year for show to sell stuff. This is first year I don't actually have much at all or want to sell anything. My Buddie has spot next to mine, we are always together on it, one tent.  Not sure what to do with it this year.  I'm wondering if any interest in a small display by someone here needed? New spots are hard to get here, same people in them each year.  I would have to check with my partner if he would like the idea of another party on the spot or items first if any interest. I have NO big tractors anymore and most of GT's I have I don't wish to sell, not at this time at least. Thinking of taking a few just for "show" and not sell to use space. No money this year to buy much either, kinda bumbing me out!  Last year was a rainy MUD bog, hoping with this rainy summer it might be rained out by then. 3rd week in August for the show. Set up starts Monday, but show open on Wed, till Sat. No selling before Wed, and not many around on Sat or at least are packing that day.

• tinbender7 said thank you

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted July 09, 2015 - 07:56 AM

For some reason the buying and selling runs in a circle.  We have to buy stuff at a good price to sell it to make a decent profit in come up with the money to buy more.  Then in between there we end up buying an item we really want for ourselves and the cash flow takes a sharp turn downward.  I would bring a few show tractors and some odd and end parts & pieces laying around to occupy the space and hope next year will be better.  I have been that same route on train shows.  The last one I had three tables full of all smaller items and shot a price to another dealer for the whole lot.  He took me up on it and we took our totes and walked out.  Last train show I set up at and won't go back.  To old for those kind of hours any more.

Edited by chieffan, July 09, 2015 - 08:12 AM.

• tinbender7 said thank you

#3 lrhredjb ONLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 281 Thanks
  • 270 posts

Posted July 14, 2015 - 04:24 PM

What spot do you have? Maybe GT members can stop by and introduce themselves. I've got a few items I need to sell but like you say, spots are hard to get there and you need to have enough stuff to make it worthwhile.

#4 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 540 posts

Posted July 14, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Funny reading about someone else involved with model trains and garden tractors.  I do the same thing, mostly G scale LGB trains and Lionel O gauge trains these days.  I am planning on taking my 2 tractors (Case 220, '64 Landlord) and my friends sulkey and just enjoy ourselves.  I have no spending money this year, but I am sure if I find something small my buddy will pick it up for me.  I need a sleeve hitch for the Case and a tiller for the Landlord but no funds this year for it.  Selling my 920 Allis to pay for the boat my wife and I bought to restore.  See you all in a few weeks!!    Mike and Michele T

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted July 14, 2015 - 07:56 PM

I'll be there but with the rest of the bolens guys. 

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 10:38 AM

Spot is Way out in back corner of the swap field.  Row 4, across the road from lettered rows, and spots 6 and 7 on left. Usually have big white canopy there. I might just bring couple tractors to show, not sell, even tho it is the selling area. Tractor show area for GT's is up in woods more nearer front.  Another way to think of Location is just over the fence from the Trailer parking area, last spot in back, outside fence. Entrance near by us also from that side.

#7 lrhredjb ONLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • 281 Thanks
  • 270 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 08:35 AM

If I go this year and its not under water I'll try to find your spot.

#8 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 540 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 05:33 PM

Unless we get a big rain, it should be dry, we have been in a decent dry spell lately.  Only some light rain over night, but real dry before hand and dry as I type this.  I will be on my Case 220 cruising around pulling my friend on his green sulkey.  Looking for some stuff for the Case, a 38" cut mower deck, snowcaster or blade and a complete rear sleeve hitch set up along with a correct reproduction exhaust set up.  Mike

#9 lrhredjb ONLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • 281 Thanks
  • 270 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 01:23 PM

Coming up Thursday, if the shuttle comes by your spot I might just stop and visit. If not we'll see how walking is that day.

#10 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 08:08 PM

I'll be looking for you on Thursday. Hope to be there in the morning.

Eric

#11 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 08:12 PM

Look for me I am the little guy with the bolens hat.