#16 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,317 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 07:10 AM

Welcome to GTtalk.  Glad u found this site.  Bunch of great folks here.

Nice tractor.  It will work hard for you.   That snow plow is hard to find.  Plus you have the mower deck.  Sweet!

:welcome:

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 07:24 AM

I had an 8XL. 1970. It had 5 lug wheels (still have them) and a steel deck .

All wheels will be 5 lug, but some only use 3 bolts to hold them on. My 1970 Jake only has 3 lug bolts.

#18 Buck Tales OFFLINE  

Buck Tales
  • Member No: 73140
  • 150 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted July 14, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Nice tractor, I'm learning more and more about my own just reading the posts about yours. Good luck with it, they are real work horses as I take care of a half acre garden with mine and they plow and do all the work you could expect from a garden tractor and keeps on going. Nice mower deck and wheel weights on yours also.
  • Nebraska Cowman said thank you

#19 Nebraska Cowman OFFLINE  

Nebraska Cowman
  • Member No: 72867
  • 16 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 08, 2015 - 08:15 AM

I said "should"  :D   Sears never followed exact patterns. I have a 68 SS12 that the model  # does not show up in any records, but I have talk to other guys who had the same # so I dunno

The 69 and 70 are almost identical, looking at the hood badge, this one appears to be a 69 so yea Alan...you goofed again

:poke: :poke: :rolling: :rolling:

69 appears to also have the deck painted same color as tractor where the 70 had white deck. Not exact science, but close!

The 69 model # should be 917.25420

The 70 should be 917.25470

They did not date by serial number of tractor, but if you have that model # above, we can get you the year.

If you can give the model and serial # off the engine shroud, that can give a closer date to when tractor was made although engines could be a few months older than the tractor. # on engine should 143.xxxxx/serial #

It's 917.25420 so I guess that makes it a 1969. i have mowed with it a couple times and it works great! Thanks

Edited by Nebraska Cowman, August 08, 2015 - 08:16 AM.

• TAHOE said thank you

#20 Buck Tales OFFLINE  

Buck Tales
  • Member No: 73140
  • 150 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted August 10, 2015 - 09:08 PM

I mow with mine a couple times a year but can't find any blades anywhere. They are a rare find for sure so I usually just use mine like a brush hog in the garden area. I'm thinking of getting a couple of new blades and milling the center holes to fit the adapters of the original blades. ANybody else know where to get blades or have them made with the original slotted hole?