Case/Ingersoll attachment question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 08:07 PM

I hope this isn't too vague, but will accessories like tillers, front blades, decks, snowblowers, etc, interchange from the late model 446 and the Ingersoll 4020.  

#2 Delmar OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,248 Thanks
  • 2,378 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 08:53 PM

Good question!   there is a chart for that very question, but I can't seem to post it.  so, try looking up coltcaseingersoll  online and find the chart there for what fits.  I know the snowblade will work for either the 446 or the 4020, but not sure about the rest.  It all depends on which way the motor faces, either forwards or backwards,  in your tractor.   On a 446, when you sit in the tractor seat, the discharge chute on the mower deck is on the left  side of the mower deck.  On my 4020PS the discharge chute on the mower deck is on the right side.

Edited by Delmar, July 06, 2015 - 08:57 PM.

• TimW said thank you

#3 dropped82 OFFLINE  

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,191 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Delmar is correct. The 4 digit tractors have the engines spun 180 degrees. Which makes the belt driven pto spin in reverse from the 3 digit tractors. So anything running on the front will mount but will spin backwards. As for the tiller, it can go either way and be reversed so your good there. The 3 points and sleeve hitches all work on the 400 series. The later HH34 3 point will fit all tractors big and small wheel IIRC. Once Case went to quick attach front mounting system, it was used up until modern tractors. I think even the Ingersolls made today still use the same quick attach system on the front. The HH34 3 point can still be bought new along with numerous other attachments. Your difference between 400 and 4000 series are the direction of the pto.

Edited by dropped82, July 06, 2015 - 10:23 PM.

• TimW said thank you