6 replies to this topic

#1 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 08:53 AM

i recently found a panzer 1107 in a barn and the guy said he will give it to me, but it needs work. It has a mower deck, a 7hp briggs that runs, new belt. The paint is bad and the motor will need rebuilt. I am just woundering what the cost to restore it may be. My dad said it will be around 1000 bucks. but i dont think so.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hard to say what the cost would be to restore. Depends how many parts need replacing such as bearings ect...and condition of the tractor
Also there are many different definitions people have on "restore" Some take them completely apart and some do a partial tear down and paint as is

I know when I restored my Bolens I had a little over 1,000 into them
  • 1978murray said thank you

#3 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 01:43 PM

i want to repaint it. but not rip every last bit apart. it runs but needs a engine rebuild and there is no bearing squilling yet, it has good tires and brakes, need seat. but metal is straight and solid. I hope it willnt cost to much.

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 01:57 PM

I would think you could rebuild the engine & paint it for less than $500, maybe less depending on how much you do yourself. Please post pics asap. Those tractors are hard to come by, so get it no matter what just to make sure it doesn't end up being crushed.
  • 1978murray said thank you

#5 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 04:51 PM

i hope to get it within the next month or so. i may restore it in the summer or wait till winter and spring when theres no shows going on. But i hope to restore it over the summer and have it ready for the delmont apple fest in september and also the local perade.

#6 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 08:13 AM

Congrats on finding a Panzer! They are a unique and hard to find machine. The good news is that many of the parts are standard hardware items that are easy to find. Another good thing is that Dandy Sales inc. which is listed in a sticky at the top of this forum is a very good source for parts and knowledge on these tractors. The Briggs engine parts should be fairly cheap, you say it has good tires which will save you quite a bit over having to buy new ones. The seat can be redone with a little work. My Massey crawler used a 1110 frame and I rebuilt the seat and backrest getting some foam and marine grade vinyl and some plywood. I had about $70.00 into the new seat. If it doesn't need a lot more parts I would think that $500.00 should put it in pretty good shape with paint if you do the work yourself.
In the manuals section of the forum there are some parts manuals and sales literature posted. Good luck on your project and post some pictures when you can. Mike

#7 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 03:07 PM

Congrats on finding a Panzer! They are a unique and hard to find machine. The good news is that many of the parts are standard hardware items that are easy to find. Another good thing is that Dandy Sales inc. which is listed in a sticky at the top of this forum is a very good source for parts and knowledge on these tractors. The Briggs engine parts should be fairly cheap, you say it has good tires which will save you quite a bit over having to buy new ones. The seat can be redone with a little work. My Massey crawler used a 1110 frame and I rebuilt the seat and backrest getting some foam and marine grade vinyl and some plywood. I had about $70.00 into the new seat. If it doesn't need a lot more parts I would think that $500.00 should put it in pretty good shape with paint if you do the work yourself.
In the manuals section of the forum there are some parts manuals and sales literature posted. Good luck on your project and post some pictures when you can. Mike

thanks for the great info I hope to post pics within the next week or so