6 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 09:46 PM

My father in law picked this trailer up at an auction a year or more ago and I have been trying to buy it off of him since I saw it. Even offered him a little metal dump cart and cash. He didn't want to sell it. Then a few weeks back he told my wife that he wanted me to have it and for me to come and get it. So that weekend I picked it up and offered to pay him for it,he wouldn't take any money,so again I offered him a metal cart. He said he might take me up on that,so if he ever wants the metal cart,its his.

This little trailer is well built and has initials and "74" brazed into the tongue. It has a 3 x 5 dump bed and a long tongue that makes it nice to back up. I haul the family kids around quite a bit and the bigger trailer is nice for that and the bigger trailer is nice for hauling in general. If I need a flat bed all the sides come off. It does have a very interesting wheel / spindle setup for the 15 inch wheels. Centers have been welded to the wheels so that they just slide on the 1 inch spindles. I will have to get some better pictures later.

Attached Thumbnails

• sears and trailer.jpg

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 09:55 PM

Nice. I have a pair of mobile home hubs and spindles and wheels/tires that I plan to make into a garden trailer one day. I figured I hated flat tires (air leaves things in the night it seems) and the 14 ply tires wouldn't care if the air was in them or not LOL. Figure it would look a lot like your little trailer there, size wise. Although I probably won't build an off road deal when I can hook the 4x8 behind lol. Great little trailer, looks great behind your sears.
  • rustyoldjunk, tinbender7 and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#3 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 10:06 PM

That trailer looks well built. No wonder it's survived since '74. I built a 4x6 trailer with what I had laying around and the axle bent and the hitch finally broke. It did haul some heavy loads of stone and firewood out for a few years, though. I just rebuilt it using an axle assembly from an old Stowe mortar mixer, and I used the heavy pipe from the old Hughes Net satellite dish for the hitch, HA! The trailer is as tough as nails now and it should be around for a while.
  • rustyoldjunk and tinbender7 have said thanks

#4 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 11:27 PM

Nice trailer. the large rubber does not look out of place on such a small trailer
  • rustyoldjunk, tinbender7 and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 04:48 AM

Nice trailer!

• rustyoldjunk and tinbender7 have said thanks

#6 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 10:33 AM

Nice trailer. the large rubber does not look out of place on such a small trailer

The large tires are nice for rough terrain,they roll over it better and an added bonus. I pulls well on the road too ! I pulled it home behind my pick up about 10 miles,mostly hi way.

• KennyP and Jazz have said thanks

#7 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 01:38 PM

Ok...makes sense for rough terrain. We have a trailer of similar size with large tires late father inlaw got for our camp which is water access only.  He would tow it with the quad to fetch gravel, rocks or timbers.  Its not pretty with rusty heavy gauge steel sides but does the job. 

• rustyoldjunk said thank you