• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SethPattillo OFFLINE  

SethPattillo
  • Member No: 72795
  • 20 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 02:13 AM

Hello all, this is my very first time using this forum... I just completed a little restoration project on a 1963 John Deere 110 round fender garden tractor. I am now looking for a rear hitch/attachment assembly to put on this little beauty! If there's anyone out there that could point me in the right direction, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks so much for your time and help!

-Seth P. Pattillo
  • MH81 and tinbender7 have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,766 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 04:49 AM

Welcome to GTT. Check with our site sponsors. Please post some pics. Good Luck, Rick

• tinbender7 and SethPattillo have said thanks

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 05:19 AM

:welcometogttalk:   ildeere.gif

• tinbender7 said thank you

#4 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 06:32 AM

:welcometogttalk:
Sounds like a nice rig. Post up some pics when you can.
If our site sponsors (http://gardentractor...-site-sponsors/) aren't able to help, what level of fabrication skill and tools do you have/have access to? Maybe you could build one.
  • SethPattillo said thank you

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 06:46 AM

:wave: Welcome, Seth! Pic help is in my signature. Not sure what that hitch would look like!

#6 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 09:44 AM

There were actually 2 versions of that sleeve hitch yoke. The 63 and 64 used one style. The 65,66,and67 used the other. The 63 and 64 the top flat iron is welded to the top of the u shaped pc. The 65,66, and 67 the top flat iron is welded to the side of the lower u shaped pc. Either one will work for yours but if you want it to be year specific then you would want the earlier hitch.When you get a chance post some pictures we'd all love to see them.

#7 SethPattillo OFFLINE  

SethPattillo
  • 20 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 03:01 PM

Thanks to all of you who responded... I GREATLY value your input!

#8 SethPattillo OFFLINE  

SethPattillo
  • 20 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 03:14 PM

Here are a few pics of my John Deere 110 round fender... I just ordered a replacement "dash decal" and I'm still shopping around for the hood and front "draft plate" decals.

#9 SethPattillo OFFLINE  

SethPattillo
  • 20 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 03:27 PM

Here she is... Let me know what y'all think. I'm 28 years old and this was my very first garden tractor restoration. It belonged to my grandfather who passed away in 2001. It sat up for 23 years before I got my hands on it. I did a complete overhaul on the engine and now it runs like a top.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG2728.jpg
  • IMAG2726.jpg
  • IMAG2731.jpg
  • IMAG2735.jpg
  • IMAG2760.jpg
  • IMAG2764.jpg
  • IMAG2752.jpg
  • IMAG2728_1.jpg

• KennyP and ckjakline have said thanks

#10 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 07:27 PM

Very nice looking little Deere!

#11 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 09:08 PM

Welcome to the site Seth! Glad to have you with us, and always glad to see another John Deere collector on board.

The year of your 110 is actually a 1967, and not the 1963 that you were thinking it was. Not sure if you are aware of one of our site supporters, but Hapco has all of the decals you would be looking for if interested. They also carry the correct mat kits for the foot treads and frame. Don't care much for the muffler that you choose, but hey it's your tractor and you can do with it what you want. Looks like you are well on your way of completing the tractor, and a fine job you have done so far!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

As for your initial question, the hitches can be found periodically on ebay if you are patient. There is a guy who has three of them listed on the Maryland Craigslist if you are interested, and I think he's selling them complete for around $300.00 a set. Just a heads up for you. As for the hitch types, Craig above explained that there were two versions of these hitches, however there were actually three versions. The pictures below shows the two most common types. The hitch on the left of each picture is for the 1963/1964 110's, while the one on the right is for the 1966/1967 110's:

House and Garage Pictures 184.JPG House and Garage Pictures 185.JPG

If you notice on the pictures above, the cross steel support on the left hitch is welded to the top of the main yoke, while the cross steel support on the right hitch runs down along side the yoke and welded to the sides of the main yoke. You'll also notice that the earlier hitch (on the left) does not have the hole drilled for the transport chain, while the hitch on the right does. 

I left out the 1965 110 model year for the hitch types, as there are some speculations as to which type of hitch this year tractor should have. I believe the 1965 110's should have the earlier hitch version, since the rear hitch plate of the tractor isn't drilled out for the transport chain bracket. However, I have a set of Installation Instructions showing you where and what size holes would have to be drilled in the rear hitch plate for the 1965 110's, in order to use the later version hitches. A good friend of mine, and fellow member here, Littledeere, has forwarded me a picture of a hitch that he has, that is new old stock and has never been mounted or used. It is an earlier version hitch that has the hole drilled in it for the transportation chain. This is thought to be a factory release and authentic:

1965 110 Hitch 2.jpg

Again, the cross member support is welded to the top of the main yoke like the earlier version above, but has the hole drilled for the transportation chain like the later version hitch. If you are looking to keep the tractor correct and as original as possible, then you'll want to buy the later version that has the cross member support running down the sides of the main yoke. Good luck to you, and I hope you'll find what you are needing. 

Edited by johndeereelfman, July 05, 2015 - 09:14 PM.

• MH81, KennyP, drbish and 3 others have said thanks

#12 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 04:11 PM

Seth,your tractor looks great.Glad it staid in the family. :thumbs:  :thumbs:

#13 SethPattillo OFFLINE  

SethPattillo
  • 20 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 11:36 AM

Thank you ALL for your information and input! I'm so happy that I stumbled upon this website, Gardentractortalk.com
  • MH81 said thank you

#14 SethPattillo OFFLINE  

SethPattillo
  • 20 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 11:38 AM

You guys are of SO much help and I'd just like to THANK you for that!
  • KennyP said thank you

#15 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 04:09 PM