• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rustysteele OFFLINE  

Rustysteele
  • Member No: 72710
  • 140 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 04:07 PM

A long time ago when I got hooked on old engines and walk behinds, I was able to get 3 1/2 Beeman tractors. I sold my tractors to concentrate on engines, and 15 years or so ago I started collecting them again, and this was the only Beeman I could find that was available, what a bummer! I have all the parts for it, I replaced the handles because the old ones were twisted around like pretzels, but what I`m curious about is how do I tell what year it was made? It has the round-magnet magneto, I forgot who made it, so I`m thinking early 1920`s. I see another Beeman post here where people are saying how old their Beemans are, how do you tell? Is there a serial number list, and where do I find the serial number? It is in rough condition, the cylinder is badly pitted and the underside of the head is busted out from freezing, so would anyone here happen to have a good bare engine to part with?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN6163.JPG
  • DSCN6164.JPG

• Lauber1, Mike Unwin and Columbia236 have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,723 Thanks
  • 4,283 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 01:58 AM

The cast cleats and 12 spoke wheel would put that one at 1919 or late 18. If you are standing in front of the tractor, the serial number should be on the left side of the oil pan bolt and usually below the split. Actually stamped in the pan. Mty theory is that the first 2 digits are the year. It may not be 100% correct but its close.

• Alc and Lauber1 have said thanks