9 replies to this topic

#1 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 08:38 PM

Her we go again. Another wounded thing found it way to my doorstep.... Kinda. My boss showed up at the garage today with a Z master Toro mower (its early generation with controls close together between yer legs type) The mower deck transmission is beyond broken. Both blade shafts are bent, one of the gears is missing a tooth, both gearboxes have destroyed their oil seals and dump their fluid on his grass.My boss told he had called the local Toro dealer and was told that parts a no longer available for that model ???!!! He then asked if I could fix it or if he should send it to the salvage yard. He knows Im into GTs and hes seen some of my machines but this is NOT something I know anything about

Ok its a mower , not a GT. But I hear my boss has paid  a very hefty price for that thing and would love to fis it up for him.

I have written down all the model and serial numbers down in the hope of finding parts to fix it and show my boss Im the right guy to go to. And I left the info in the garage when I left work today. Yeah I know. So youll have to wait till monday for em.

Anyway I was kinda hoping to start finding some tips on where to look for parts or even a full mower trans.

This is not a picture of the machine but it really looks like it. I think its a 2002 Z master but am not sure yet

toroZ_355.jpg

Edited by hatedge, July 03, 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 10:33 PM

Had not heard from you in a while. Check our Manuals Section for any literature. With that much wrong I would look for a parts machine or use it as a parts machine for one with a blown engine. This sounds like a situation where you could easily end up on the losing end.

How old is the baby now? Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, July 03, 2015 - 10:33 PM.

• hatedge said thank you

#3 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 12:06 PM

Had not heard from you in a while. Check our Manuals Section for any literature. With that much wrong I would look for a parts machine or use it as a parts machine for one with a blown engine. This sounds like a situation where you could easily end up on the losing end.

How old is the baby now? Good Luck, Rick

Hey Boyscout862.

I have been real busy and had to ease off on the tinkering and chatting for a while. 

Our baby girl is 31 months old now. We get down on our knees everyday to thank for this bundle o joy.

Now For the mower, Its ''only'' the mower deck gearboxe thats shot, the tractor itself is fine. Its a 10k$ machine, cant throw it out for a broken mower deck.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 05:15 PM

Ok so im still looking for help here. Does anyone know parts suppliers or places I could call to find parts for this mower deck? Be it on the US or Canadian side I dont care, as long as I can get some things going because its the only tractor weve got to cut lthe grass at work and the darn weeds are getting longer and need to be taken care of  :shoot2:

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 05:28 PM

Do you have a model number?  Need that to look anything up.

• hatedge said thank you

#6 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 09:27 PM

Darn! I'm sorry guys. I'm slowly getting bac on my feet from a triple disc hernia and displaced sacrum. I'm going to work but When I get home I just drop like a sack of potatoes and the next morning I forget I have things to do. I will bring back thse numbers tomorrow.

7 months now into this hernia and its really getting close to the end but work drains me dry everyday. Makes it hard to remember things that are not right in front o me...yeah the tractor  is there but I got used to ignoring it since the beginnig o summer... :wallbanging:

Nice to talk with ye again Olcow, hows the Bolens forklift doing?

Edited by hatedge, July 15, 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#7 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 03:27 PM

Finally. I have those numbers for you.

Tractor is a Zmaster

The deck has 2 numbers 78477 and -890910

The tractor also has 2 numbers on its id plate. 74182 and -890351.

Now I'll be looking for anything from a deck transmission to a complete deck. Deck transmission parts could also do the trick.

#8 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 05:54 PM

If you want to see what Toro still has available go to

http://www.partstree.com/parts/

Enter the 78477 or 74182 model numbers and select the year by using the serial numbers you posted.

The parts that are priced are still available.

Good luck

Garry

• hatedge said thank you

#9 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted August 10, 2015 - 06:01 AM

If you want to see what Toro still has available go to

http://www.partstree.com/parts/

Enter the 78477 or 74182 model numbers and select the year by using the serial numbers you posted.

The parts that are priced are still available.

Good luck

Garry

TY for the link,

#10 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted August 10, 2015 - 11:20 AM

Everywhere I look the parts are not available. Every supplier only has things like woodruff keys or snaprings! Its really frustrating