Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

To all those who served

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 11:50 AM

Tomorrow is a special day.  The day we, as a country, EARNED our independence.  There is much we could go on about the sacrifice, the call to duty, the loved ones left behind to help KEEP our independence.  The countless hours of training, living away from our families, home and friends.  Even though we are slowly (or not so slowly lately) losing our freedoms, we still fly the flag for the love of our country (at least as it was) and in support for those who serve.  Evil is among us, pretty much everywhere you look.  The wrong is right and the right is, somehow wrong.  That, my friends, is biblical.  As we picnic tomorrow or sometime over the weekend, take time to reflect on what the day really means.  I hate to say enjoy it while you can but it certainly seems to be going in that direction.  Some of us will cook out or gather with family and friends or some of us may let kids or grandkids ride our favorite GT (had to get that in).  Just remember why we are able to do that.  I personally did not serve my country.  A decision that I regret at times.  It just wasn't for me and that's ok.  It takes a very special kind of person to lay down their lives for what we all enjoy and I was never all that special.  Let a service member you come across know how you feel.  I've done it and, while it surprises some (sad, they SHOULD be sick of hearing it) it's always appreciated.  Fly the flag proud.  To all those who served or are serving at present, the only thing this humble little dot on the surface of the world can say is...  THANK YOU!, and may GOD watch over you.

• TheFarm2004, Alc, esbbent and 18 others have said thanks

#2 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 12:20 PM

Well said Jeff.

Thank you

Mike

• hamman, KennyP and David Brown have said thanks

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 06:03 PM

Thanks Jeff. I have to honestly say that I have received more gratitude for my service in the last 10 years than all the years since Vietnam. It might be late but it still makes me feel good when someone thanks me just like your post did.  

Hope you and yours have a happy and safe 4th. 

Edited by Cvans, July 03, 2015 - 11:18 PM.

• TheFarm2004, KennyP and David Brown have said thanks