#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 08:25 AM

is fast approaching us. As we take to our back yards, the roads, campgrounds, lakes rivers and streams to relax and have the start to the summer, I take time here and now to say, please take time to remember those who worked hard to give us the freedoms we enjoy. I know that my weekend will be filled with yard work and a little gardening as well as a day of fishing. We hope everyone has a pleasant and safe Independence Day and that you and your family are Happy, Healthy and safe. From our home to yours.
Roger
  • Alc, KennyP, dthomp17 and 9 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 08:29 AM

Everybody be real careful this weekend!

• hamman, KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 08:39 AM

The county is setting off a 24" mortar, the biggest allowed by law in this country, as the big finish for the fireworks display. The pattern is said to be over a mile wide and can be seen 100 miles away. It is too dangerous to be transported on the highway and has to be manufactured on site. Armed guards will be keeping an eye on it until it is used.

The line Jeff Foxworthy had about Georgia hosting the Olympics keeps popping into my head every time I think about this...

" You just know we'r gonna screw this up"

• hamman, KennyP, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#4 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 08:57 AM

The county is setting off a 24" mortar, the biggest allowed by law in this country, as the big finish for the fireworks display. The pattern is said to be over a mile wide and can be seen 100 miles away. It is too dangerous to be transported on the highway and has to be manufactured on site. Armed guards will be keeping an eye on it until it is used.

The line Jeff Foxworthy had about Georgia hosting the Olympics keeps popping into my head every time I think about this...

" You just know we'r gonna screw this up"

That's pretty cool.  You outta get a video of it if you can.  That would be neat to see.

I love fire works but man are they dangerous 

• hamman, tinbender7 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 Nxt2doc OFFLINE  

Nxt2doc
  • Member No: 66603
  • 623 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 11:32 AM

Hoping for a little different ending to this years festivities. last yeas we had just started out fireworks when my fie pager went off. Pole barn on fire. Arrived to find to fully involved. It belonged to a friend and was full of cars painting supplies and a 55 gallon drum of racing fuel. After it was all done the barn and all its contents where a total loss. Fire investigator found the cause to be in the breaker box. It had smoldered unnoticed for quite a while prior to being found. Could really do without that light show this year.

• hamman said thank you