21 replies to this topic

#16 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 07:07 AM

I would like to have a buck for ever fork I stuck into a small square bale of hay with one of those waiting up above till it all to came together.  We used a sling for loose hay before the baled hay came about.  Used the same carrier.  Those are a dime a dozen in the Midwest as nobody uses those barns any more and they are either tore down or have fallen down.  Amish use them yet with loose hay.  Always wanted to make sure you hung on to the loose rope on the bales you were sticking, not the tight rope.  There is not room for the rope and your hand in that pulley if the puller takes off to soon, trust me.

Edited by chieffan, July 02, 2015 - 07:10 AM.

• MH81, Hydro guy and laurarg3 have said thanks

#17 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 07:32 AM

We always had to "throw" our bales into the loft.

#18 Hydro guy OFFLINE  

Hydro guy
  • Member No: 63243
  • 174 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 10:29 AM

I think it will be cool hangin in my garage.    

• MH81 said thank you

#19 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,540 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 01:12 PM

I would like to have a buck for ever fork I stuck into a small square bale of hay with one of those waiting up above till it all to came together.  We used a sling for loose hay before the baled hay came about.  Used the same carrier.  Those are a dime a dozen in the Midwest as nobody uses those barns any more and they are either tore down or have fallen down.  Amish use them yet with loose hay.  Always wanted to make sure you hung on to the loose rope on the bales you were sticking, not the tight rope.  There is not room for the rope and your hand in that pulley if the puller takes off to soon, trust me.

We always had to "throw" our bales into the loft.

Ours is still in our 100 year old barn, NFS, don't even ask lol, we put small bales up with a conveyor an man power.

#20 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 01:41 PM

I quit reading popular science when someone hinted in an article that dairy farming in NY state should be outlawed.

My anti acids are working much better now.
  • Hydro guy said thank you

#21 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,540 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 09:26 PM

I quit reading popular science when someone hinted in an article that dairy farming in NY state should be outlawed.

Some people are idiots, and by the way we have a small beef herd, but I know a lot of dairy farmers. 

• Sparky said thank you

#22 Hydro guy OFFLINE  

Hydro guy
  • Member No: 63243
  • 174 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 06:46 AM

those are the same people who think that there milk comes from the store,       lol...most of those folks  probubly do not drink milk or eat meat either.