Garden Tractor Forums banner

WTF?!?!?!

4K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 ·
WTF is up with all the ruckus about the Confederate Flag nowadays?

I heard the news that TV stations will no longer air the Dukes of Hazard?!?!

Unbelievable that this county lost it's freedom of expression due to somebody throwing a hissy fit and screaming 'I'm offended'?!!?

The land of the free has ceased to be... :(

#5 ·
The shame of it is, there's a whole generation of people who have no idea what that flag even means. To them, it just means "Hey, look at me, I'm a country boy" or whatever. If the ones who really want to see the race issues end would let this stuff be, I think they would find a different world, but they keep dragging it out and making a big deal out of it. We're messed up folks, no doubt about it. God help us all and I don't care if that offends anyone!

#8 ·
Yup, no one knows the history of the country in my opinion, and that is probably due to everyone being taught how to take a test, and not how this country struggled to become free, and enforce that freedom. They say history repeats itself... And if it continues the way it is, there is a potential that we will all live to see what the confederate flag is all about, standing up for your beliefs against 'big brother'...

#9 ·
The one thing I am passionate about is The Flag of Our Country ! A lot of young men and women from every race creed and color as well a s different countries fought and died under the color of it and for it. I will never ever surrender my flag and I will defend it to the end. A lot of this talk of the American Flag being offensive has come from the radical left baiters and the rest of the radical " Laime Stream Media ' is trying to push the agenda.

" We " are to blame for that whole generation of American Citizens not knowing or caring about the Flag of our country. Keep on making sure the holidays are renamed and keep on making sure the holidays are about good times and days off instead of being remembered for what they are supposed to be. I have taught all of my kids what it really means to be a true American and to live the free life that we all enjoy. Freedom isn't free and the days like Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Armistice Day, VJ Day, VE Day Independence Day, Flag Day and Pearl Harbor day are just days of " Words " and hollow or no meaning to many. But for some of us they still hold a solemn and proud meaning of our heritage and sacrifices put forth to make a way of life we all enjoy. Do I worry about offending anyone " NO " . This is my belief and I will never apologize for it. By now you guys should know how I feel about " The United States Of America". Thanks for letting me convey this to you. Roger

#13 ·
It's the same over here with the Union Jack Flag. Recently, a lady was asked to remove the flag from her allotment as it was deemed offensive........ What's the world coming to I just don't know.

To me the Confederate Flag is part of America's history from the Southern States.

Be interesting to see if the Women's USA Football team have any Confederate flags being used in the Finals.

#18 ·
I won't go "too" political :D

The hub bub over the flag is just a smoke screen for the masses for another cover up.

Do a search for "the Alex Jones Channel" or "TPP Passes" on youtube and you will find one of the real reasons why the conferate flag stuff got blown up, it's a mis-direction for other secrets to play out...and sad future for our country. :( :(

I used to have a window sticker of my "rebel flag" in the back of my old pickup,covered the whole back window!

#19 ·
I really do not want to get started on this one, the MODS would have a field day with me! It's not just about a flag, it's about an attempt to erase history as Hitler tried with book burnings. It's about the loss of our freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion and a lot of other things that we, as AMERICANS take for granted.EVIL is on our doorstep and unless TRUE AMERICANS stand up, the NWO and ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT (EVIL) is going to prevail. GOD help us! I'm done! I've probably said too much already. I served this great country of ours for 15 years so that everybody had the choice to believe as they want. Now it's looking like I wasted a BIG part of my life! I'm sick to the stomach over this crap!

#20 ·
This is the Confederate flag, the idiots screaming don't even know what they're talking about! They're fussing over the Battler Flag of The Army of Northern Virginia, also adopted by other units later.

405px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_

Battle flag

600px-Battle_flag_of_the_Confederate_Sta
The top one is actually the first confederate flag, there were two more adopted after that one. The second one is actually the "battle" flag. (They were square) You're right, they're arguing over the flag of Northern Virginia. Then you had the "Bonnie Blue", carried by the outfits that fired the first shots at the assault on Fort Sumpter that started the war.

#21 ·
I really do not want to get started on this one, the MODS would have a field day with me! It's not just about a flag, it's about an attempt to erase history as Hitler tried with book burnings. It's about the loss of our freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion and a lot of other things that we, as AMERICANS take for granted.EVIL is on our doorstep and unless TRUE AMERICANS stand up, the NWO and ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT (EVIL) is going to prevail. GOD help us! I'm done! I've probably said too much already. I served this great country of ours for 15 years so that everybody had the choice to believe as they want. Now it's looking like I wasted a BIG part of my life! I'm sick to the stomach over this crap!
I agree with you on being sick to my stomach over this silly stuff and Sir, your time served was NOT a waste of time!

#26 ·
This all started when a crazy white guy went into a black church and killed 9 people. There were no riots afterward, no marches of protest, no people demanding justice, no one yelling anything about race. Instead, the church and victims family did the most Christian thing possible, they forgave Roof. I hope one day to be that good of a Christian. Charelston came together hand in hand to mourn the loss of those 9 people.

Somebody somewhere determined that this was not news worthy. Those somebodies decided we, as a nation, need to be offended about something. They saw the connection between Roof and the Confederate flag and away we went.

Instead of focusing on the positive action of the Church and community, they decided instead to focus on a 150 year old symbol of a defeated nation. Dont let the true story here be forgotten, good people of all colors can get along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.