• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 djordje33 OFFLINE  

djordje33
  • Member No: 62653
  • 20 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 04:45 AM

Just received the new hood script decals and they look great. Didn't notice an air bubble on one side until I took the photo, but managed to work that out. These are super quality and I'm extremely pleased with how they turned out. This restoration is slowly turning out better than my expectations. A few other decals are now in the works and all the GT ones should be available soon. If you are painting your hood or the original decals look ratty, don't hesitate with these. 

Attached Thumbnails

• P1011096.JPG
  • P1011097.JPG

Edited by djordje33, July 28, 2015 - 04:48 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#17 Curtis1480 OFFLINE  

Curtis1480
  • Member No: 69912
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 11:58 AM

Ive been working with Nate at Click it and stick it. here is the pic he sent me of the dash tower decal for my gt20.  $40 shipped! should have it tomorrow.     Attached File  sticker.bmp   1.82MB   19 downloads                      Couldnt figure out how to make the pic show up in the post. You should be able to click on it and see it though.

Edited by Curtis1480, August 26, 2015 - 12:04 PM.

• shorty said thank you

#18 djordje33 OFFLINE  

djordje33
  • Member No: 62653
  • 20 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 06:19 AM

The dash tower was one of the first ones I wanted Nate to make, but decided to keep the original on which was still in great shape. Just received the shift console decal and I'll get some pics up for that. It is a clear decal with white lettering, allowing the original charcoal brown paint to blend through. Pretty much mimics the original scheme which had the instructions painted on the cover. 

#19 Curtis1480 OFFLINE  

Curtis1480
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 08:30 AM

Djordje 33, I like your idea on the shift console decal! I think ill pick one of those up also. I would like to have Nate do a similar clear decal for the dash panel too as my original pad printed white dash lettering is faded to the point where there is almost nothing left but the original paint. only issue is I cant take a pic to send to him. Is your dash lettering in good enough shape to get a decent picture?

#20 Curtis1480 OFFLINE  

Curtis1480
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 07:13 PM

Here is the dash tower decal. im pretty happy with it. I didn't notice till I looked at the pic here but the cutout for the steering unit in the dash tower doesn't match the cutout in the decal. I need to stick up for Nate here because his decal is correct. The previous owner of this machine had cut the dash tower after a failed attempt to rebuild the steering unit. I had to weld in a filler panel directly below the cutout then mill a new cutout, I just guessed at how long to make the new cutout so it is about 3/8" shorter than the original. So if u buy one of these decals it will match up with a unmodified dash tower.

Attached Thumbnails

• 020.JPG

Edited by Curtis1480, September 01, 2015 - 08:31 AM.

• shorty said thank you

#21 Billy M ONLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 353 Thanks
  • 357 posts

Posted September 01, 2015 - 09:14 AM

I need to stick up for Nate here because his decal is correct. The previous owner of this machine had cut the dash tower after a failed attempt to rebuild the steering unit. I had to weld in a filler panel directly below the cutout then mill a new cutout, I just guessed at how long to make the new cutout so it is about 3/8" shorter than the original. So if u buy one of these decals it will match up with a unmodified dash tower.

Maybe he can make the decal solid with no cutout.  You could cut the opening out with a razor knife after/while applying the decal.  That way it would be a perfect fit.  You would have to cut it as you roll the decal up the dash if installing with the PS valve sticking out.

• Curtis1480 said thank you