- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

• Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 10:58 PM

I'm still learning my new 2370, getting lots of work done round the farmstead.  One thing I have heard, and I have heard this many times but it goes in one ear and out the other until I experience it, is when using the loader/bucked, these little tractors should have some weight on the back.  Well, I took my tiller off for the summer and am continuing to use the loader, ie. no weight on the rear.  NO weight on the rear.... not a good thing.  I had the bucked loaded with large landscaping rocks today.  It felt funny about the time my wife starts yelling at me, says I'm going to tip over.  I say yea, right them look at the rear right tire a little to far off the ground.  Yea....  I can tell ya I dropped the bucked to the ground as fast as I could.  I had it in AWD at the time so the front tires were apparently moving the tractor or I would have noticed the spinning tire.... LOL  Another note, DO NOT use equipment when your so tired you can't feel your tractor is air-born in the rear.... guilty as charged.  Kinda gives ya the willies when ya realize your not in control and the ROPS was in the folded position.  It spent the rest of the day in the UP position.  All in all, had a fun/productive day.  Love this little beast!

• Alc, boyscout862 and laurarg3 have said thanks

#2 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted July 01, 2015 - 07:56 AM

I have home made wheel weights in mine.There 95# each so it helps some what. The tractor came with the rear weight box but unless I'am doing dedicated loader work I don't put it on. The ROPS on the 2370-1 is way to high , in my opinion. I think they should have kept it like what the 2350 , 2360 's had. People have to fold them down to beable to put them into there garages etc: so I'll bet lots are being left down. I know I cut mine down and angled it back a bit [the lower section] this way it stays up all the time. No doubt I'll catch flack for this from some people. If your a accomplished welder you'll understand why I'am confident that my ROPS won't fail because of being cut and welded.Having a shorter ROPS is a bonus for me.It clears my doors,my trees,I'am able to put my sun shade on and when I put my home made cab on the ROPS is in the up position. 

• boyscout862 and FrozenInTime have said thanks

#3 karl OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38218
  • 923 Thanks
  • 696 posts

Posted July 01, 2015 - 08:36 AM

Good thing the boss was supervising you!

• boyscout862 and FrozenInTime have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,454 Thanks
  • 7,345 posts

Posted July 01, 2015 - 09:42 AM

I have a 3ph counterweight on my Ford 2000. It makes the tractor handle alot better when using the FEL. It saves alot of strain on the front axle. Good Luck, Rick

• FrozenInTime said thank you

#5 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

• Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted July 01, 2015 - 09:28 PM

The ROPS on the 2370-1 is way to high , in my opinion.

LOL, I have to agree with you on that.  Forgot it was up the first time I put it in my garage...... I was not happy, now I have some repair work to do to my garage door trim.