jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 06:22 PM

My buddy and I have a chance to get a 751 Bobcat for a probable cheap price but it does have engine issues.  It has the Peugeot engine in it and has been starting hard and began to squirt some antifreeze from an unknown location.  Anyone have experience with this model?  Anything else on the unit we should be checking for wear/breakage/weakness?

• laurarg3 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,767 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 07:04 PM

I haven't seen a Peugeot car in atleast 30 years and don't remember their engines anywhere else. Are you talking about a Renault engine? They were used in alot of equipment including diesel Wheelhorses. There is difficulty finding parts. There was a motorhome in the 1980s that used a Renault engine. Two years ago there was an RV dealer that claimed that they could still get parts. I'd stay away from it unless you can repower it for a reasonable price. Good Luck, Rick

• jdslednut said thank you

#3 grattone OFFLINE  

grattone
  • Member No: 66237
  • 222 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 08:31 PM

Check out this site, I talked to Jim when I was re-powering a gator 6x4. He was real interesting to talk to and has re-powered a lot of equipment. 

Good Luck

Gratton

http://www.jimsrepai...com/Engines.htm

• jdslednut and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted July 01, 2015 - 12:24 AM

I haven't seen a Peugeot car in atleast 30 years and don't remember their engines anywhere else. Are you talking about a Renault engine? They were used in alot of equipment including diesel Wheelhorses. There is difficulty finding parts. There was a motorhome in the 1980s that used a Renault engine. Two years ago there was an RV dealer that claimed that they could still get parts. I'd stay away from it unless you can repower it for a reasonable price. Good Luck, Rick

It is a Peugeot engine, not a Renault.  Wish it was a Kubota!

• boyscout862 said thank you