• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 02:28 PM

Looked for somewhere to paste this and decided this would work. Spent the morning clearing the roof and gutters of the tractor port. It sits part way under a large Pecan tree, so all the leaves, etc. fall down on it. Had issues earlier this Spring with water running off where it shouldn't. So i spent about 5 hrs. on my knees clearing the roof and gutters. Such fun!!!!

• hamman, boyscout862, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 02:37 PM

You need a roof rake. We use them to remove snow when it gets deep and threatens to collapse roofs. It can also pull off leaves and sticks without having to climb up on the roof. I have to clean my gutters twice every season because I'm surrounded by woods. Be carefull and Good Luck, Rick

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#3 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 02:46 PM

I made a gutter cleaner for my dad out of rigid copper to fit on a garden hose with a shut off in it. I squeezed the end to splay out the water and create a bit more pressure at that end. He used it for many, many years. saved him a lot of climbing on a ladder. He was in his late 60s then.  We have pine needles to contend with. They clog the down spouts and gutters. I have to use the one I made for me to clean them out. Sounds like a fun filled day. Hopefully the water will run where it is supposed to go now.                                                                                                                                                                                                      Roger

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 03:43 PM

You need a roof rake. We use them to remove snow when it gets deep and threatens to collapse roofs. It can also pull off leaves and sticks without having to climb up on the roof. I have to clean my gutters twice every season because I'm surrounded by woods. Be carefull and Good Luck, Rick

I made a gutter cleaner for my dad out of rigid copper to fit on a garden hose with a shut off in it. I squeezed the end to splay out the water and create a bit more pressure at that end. He used it for many, many years. saved him a lot of climbing on a ladder. He was in his late 60s then.  We have pine needles to contend with. They clog the down spouts and gutters. I have to use the one I made for me to clean them out. Sounds like a fun filled day. Hopefully the water will run where it is supposed to go now.                                                                                                                                                                                                      Roger

This is a car port, so normal gutter/roof maintenance is a whole different animal. Nothing comes off the roof, just goes into the gutters!

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 07:29 PM

No pics?  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  :rolling:

• KennyP said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted July 01, 2015 - 05:58 AM

Nope! Unless I take pics of the cuts on my hands from cleaning out the gutters on that sucker!

• TomLGT195 said thank you