Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for May 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#31 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 07:33 PM

Almost didn't make it. Fresh off the camera are pics from today of my 444.

I bought this 1977 Case 444 about 2 years ago and I don't use it very much. It has excellent Titan brand rear tires that are filled with antifreeze, as well as 3 year old paint on it. The previous owner did the repaint and the sheet metal isn't the best, but good enough for a working tractor. I have receipts with it for the new engine in 1993, that was later rebuilt in 2002, not bad I think. It also had a holding valve added on in its lifetime as I have the receipt for it as well. A lot of work went into this machine and I have yet to use it myself.

I will be taking it to plow day (April 30th) to use it for the first time for something other than joy rides lol. I have to say it was taken care of reasonably well, as it still works great. It still needs a few minor things to make it an excellent machine, but I doubt I will get to them. I am going to sell it this year to fund my next tractor as the shop is full and I have too many tractors (don't laugh)... If anyone has interest message me. If not congratulate me on running it for Tractor of the Month, the last ditch attempt since I took a few minutes to throw the plow on it this evening.

Note: Pictures were taken while it was running.

i444p2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• i444p1.jpg

#32 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 07:45 PM

Looks like so far 8 great nominations, I wish everyone the best of luck in the running.

#33 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 07:58 PM

Glad you got it in Casey. Good looking tractor!

#34 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thanks Daniel. I actually had most of my tractors running today, but the 444 was the only one with a sleeve hitch bolted on. The plow I threw on is not the better of the two, but the one I could get to in under a minute lol.

#35 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,194 Thanks
  • 5,214 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 10:11 PM

I like to nominate my 1970 Bolens 1476 large frame.

I found this 1970 1476 on Craigslist two and a half years ago but the add was for an 1886 with a deck, 2 snow blowers, and Blade, that what I was also told by the guy over the phone. As soon as I pulled into the driveway I knew it was no way an 1886 because I saw the husky man sticker on the front instead of the husky dog sticker used on the 1886. As soon he met me he said he was sorry that it’s not an 1886 and he was looking on the Internet all this time at 1886’s and was thinking it was what he had without looking at the tractor it self since it been in his back shed for years. He told me he tried to call the morning I was heading up but could not get a hold of me and he would under stand if I would not be interested in buying it. I told him I understand stuff happens and I still have interest in buying it if he willing to deal and he was. We made the deal and I drove it onto the trailer, shook his hand and headed home with my first of the short Wisconsin 14 horse powered large frames.

l 003.jpg

Since buying the 1476 I have used it as one of my main workers from mowing to tilling with the 48” tiller that it handled with no lost of power at all. She can handle anything my eleven 1886’s I have can do and more. It has been one of my main bolens I take to the local tractor show by me and I plan to take it this year to. I have the 48” tiller still on it and I do plan on using it to till the garden after I use the Ridemaster to plow the garden in around 2 weeks from now. In all she been a good workhorse and I am very happy that when I went to buy it that it turned out to be a 1476.

Jerome

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0026.jpg
  • PICT0030(1).jpg

#36 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 06:38 AM

Well the good news is I got my electrolosis tank going, and got almost the rest of my 66 MF 10 stripped down, but because of that, and everything else I had to do this weekend, I didn't get a chance to get the IH CC model 86 dusted off and get the plow on her, so I'm going to have to pass. Lots of good looking tractors to choose from this month anyway. Maybe next month!

#37 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 06:44 AM

That's a real nice looking Case , Casey.

#38 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:36 AM

This will be the third time for me on voting.
The first two times was no problem because each time there was one particular choice that I'm partial too.
None of these have any special draw for me but they are all interesting tractors.
I didn't realize that I was going to have to do some thinking when I joined this forum but now I can see that I'm going to actually have to do a little work to pick one over the others this time.

#39 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 08:11 AM

This is the last day to accept nominations, if you want to nominate one you have till 8pm est tonight :D