Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for May 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#16 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 07:19 PM

I have a go also this month.

This is My 1968 Sears Suburban 12 With Sears 10" plow.

I bought this as a non-runner earlier this winter. It had been the PO's Grandfather's tractor & he took very good care of it until the Electronic Ignition went on it. The problem arose from the CDI being loose & hitting the flywheel pin. Many of you will recognize it from my "What's wrong with it now" type posts, and I can't thank all of you guys enough in you moral support, know-how & willingness to help. She runs like a trooper now & has been my down-time playtoy since she started running.

It came with a good mower deck & front blade. After the addition of the lift, I built a 3point Boom for it and found a Snow Blower. The plow I've had for a year waiting for a tractor to put it on.
cart-horse.gif

Last weekend Ryan & I plowed the garden with it. He likes it as much as I do. I may have a custody battle on my hands before it's all over.

Sorry the pictures are so lousy, It's been raining here for 3 straight days & this is the best I could do between raindrops. :smile1: Thanks for looking!

PICT0007.jpg
PICT0006.jpg
PICT0005.jpg

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 07:30 PM

Very nice Alan.

Come on guys, would like to see a couple more nominated yet.

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 07:42 PM

I would like to nominate meangreen's John Deere 430. Awesome machine! Fred had been wanting a 430 for as long as I've known him. All of them he saw for sale either went too high priced, or were too far away to go get. Finally one came up within reasonable distance, but Fred was going to let it pass because he couldn't let go of the cash. I wouldn't let that happen, so I kept prodding & he caved. He has been SO happy he bought it! I'd almost bet he goes in the shop every day before leaving for work, just for another look at her! :D
These pics are recently taken while plowing. Fred has a 60" mowing deck for this also, and is plowing with a 10" Brinly. He recently acquired a 4 way front blade for it also. He didn't have to do much to the tractor after purchasing. Just fuel filter plug, repaired the muffler, motor mount, and a few other minor things. One thing for sure....it's a beasty machine!!!!!

Fred 430.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05200.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, April 07, 2011 - 08:45 AM.

#19 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 07, 2011 - 06:45 AM

I can see this it will be hard to choose this month.

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Couple more nominations guys, will close the nominations on Sunday so if you wold like to get one it you only have a couple more days.

#21 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:12 PM

Couple more nominations guys, will close the nominations on Sunday so if you wold like to get one it you only have a couple more days.

Rats. Well, no sense in digging my Brinly plow out of storage and taking the mower deck off the IH 86 this weekend then.

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Rats. Well, no sense in digging my Brinly plow out of storage and taking the mower deck off the IH 86 this weekend then.

Won't be closing it till Sunday evening, probably close to 9pm EST.

#23 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Won't be closing it till Sunday evening, probably close to 9pm EST.

I only have computer access at work.....shhhhh....

Heck, we only got TV a year ago....and a land-line two years before that!

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:56 PM

LOL, well if you are going to have a nomination by Monday evening we can let it run till then, that still gives almost three weeks of voting.

#25 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 01:00 PM

I'll see if I can dig everything out; should be able to..... Don't have to hold up anything for me. They'll be more nominations/themes I assume.

#26 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 04:11 PM

I happened to be getting my Massey 12g ready for plow day and figured I would snap some pics and nominate it.

DSC_0267.jpg
This is my 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12G Variable Speed. This tractor is what started my addiction and collection. I originally bought it because I needed something to mow the lawn with because I was tired of push mowing. I happened to be looking on eBay and came across this MF12G. I made an offer and it was accepted. My friend and I went down and picked it up the following weekend. I also purchased a MF10 for parts for $50. I paid $325 for the MF12 and it had a mower deck. It was in pretty good original condition with the normal things wrong, like the broken grill trim piece.

Since I have had it I put a good grill trim piece on, replaced the grill with the one from the parts MF10, I also replaced the steering column with the one from the parts 10. I replaced the head gasket because the old one was blown out. I got a sleeve hitch from GTtalk member broken2, he made the Brinly adapter piece and he did an awesome job with it. Due to a couple tractors being sold lately I kept the wheels and ag tires from my Cub 147 and put them on the 12G. I painted them MF Gray for the time being and I also painted the set of extra Cub wheel weights I had MF Red. They are not staying on there permanently, just need them for the plow day.

I am hoping to restore it sometime this year. It was repainted at one time. The gray that is supposed to be flint gray metallic was painted almost like a gray primer color at one time. With everything else going on and all the other projects we would like to get done it might be a while until I can restore it. It has served me very well and just keeps going. It is also what started everything :D

DSC_0266.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0268.jpg

#27 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 05:04 PM

Duct tape on the seat, George. You might get my vote with that alone!

#28 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 05:32 PM

Duct tape on the seat, George. You might get my vote with that alone!

A garden tractor is not a garden tractor until it has had the Red Green touch :D

#29 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 05:50 PM

Shoot, might as well throw one of mine into the mix. 1972 Cub Cadet 108.Image009crop.jpg
I concede to the others. Sorry for any problems.

Edited by KennyP, April 11, 2011 - 07:58 AM.
Bowing out at this time

#30 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 05:56 PM

Shoot, might as well throw one of mine into the mix. 1972 Cub Cadet 108.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12985[/ATTACH]

You are more then welcome to nominate one of your tractors Kenny, all I ask is that you please read the first post of the thread for the guidelines for posting a nomination. Also please include a photo with the tractor having a gardening type attachment. The garden cart you have hooked up will work, just need to be able to see more of the cart.