Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for May 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

We are now taking nominations for featured tractor of the month for May 2011. The theme for this month is gardening. Whether your garden tractor is wearing a plow, tiller, or doing general work in the garden it must include something that has to do with gardening. We know some are still getting out of the normal snow which is why just having your tractor pictured wearing a plow or tiller still qualifies even if there is a white background :D

I also can't emphasize enough to please provide at least 2 paragraphs for the description of you tractor. Your tractor is going to be featured on the front page of GTtalk, this is your chance to shine and let everyone know about your tractor.

Here are the rules:

• Tractor being nominated must not have been a featured in the last 12 months.
  • Please give at least a two paragraph description to tell us about your tractor.
  • You need 2 photos attached to your post as attachments, not linked from another site, the year make and model, and a brief description of your history with the tractor and what you use it for most.

We will accept up to 10 nominations, this thread will be closed after the 10th nomination. Once 10 nominations are made we will start a new thread for the voting. Voting will run to the end of the current month and on the 1st of the following month the winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page and in our Featured Tractors section.

Rules subject to change to better work for everyone. Good luck!

#2 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 05:24 PM

OK nobody wants to go first so I will, 1967 Massey MF12Hydra, got this about 8yrs ago for $100. it was my first garden tractor and is my favorite. It came with sleeve hitch, factory wheel weights, flat tires and pretty much the way you see it now. It has had different seats, mufflers even engines in it, I did a engine swap in this for a 13hp China Honda clone but put the original Tecumseh HH120 back in it because it suits the tractor better. It's hard to beat the look of an original tractor.
I have the dozer blade, snow blower, mower deck, tiller and a box blade for it. This tractor has cut grass, plowed snow, smoothed out the driveway, tilled the garden and dragged all kinds of stuff over the yrs. It has proven it self to me many times, the main purpose of this tractor has been to plow the snow, drag stuff around and a backup lawn mower. It's a survivor from yrs gone by and I don't know how much it would cost to replace it with a new one like it.
Almost everybody here has got something like this that they use as there everyday GT for whatever job they need done, and that's what this has being to me.
masseys 041..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• masseys 036..jpg
  • MF650 001..jpg

#3 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:19 PM

I guess I will throw my tractor in for this months voting. I have a 1987 Bolens 1600H. I was given this tractor this past April from a co-worker. His brother purchased the tractor new. The tractor came with a 48" side discharge mower with the Power Packer Plus grass bagger. The grass bagger attachment will be up and running this summer with the recent purchase of the missing pieces. During the summer I purchased a 42" snow/dirt blade off of Craigslist. During the early fall I purchased, also off Craigslist, an early '80's Bolens H18XL. This tractor came with a 48" side discharge mower, a 38" single stage snow blower and a 33" tiller. These attachment are why I bought this tractor as they fit the 1600H. I mowed my lawn during the summer with this tractor, did a little dirt moving in the backyard and tilled my in-laws garden with the tiller in early November. During the winter I acquired the necessary pieces to change over from a manual implement lift to a hydraulic implement lift. This was a big improvement when using the snow blower during the winter with all the snow we received. I also used the snow blade during the winter. I have been very impressed with the stoutness of the tractor and the implements. I look forward to, as soon as the snow finishes melting, of using the 1600H to skid out some firewood for my wife's grandfather. I am also looking forward to being able to use the grass bagger to pick up leaves this fall. I have only had this tractor and the implements for a short time so far but am looking forward to many more years to come.
1112101416.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 1118101558.jpg

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:28 PM

Thanks Doug & Tinkerer. Keep more nominations coming in gang!

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hmmmm, so I can't nominate my new Farmall Cub cause it has a snow plow on it? Dang. That means the only one in my collection I can nominate is the one I hate cause its the only with the tiller hooked. Guess I need to come up with a plan.

#6 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hmmmm, so I can't nominate my new Farmall Cub cause it has a snow plow on it? Dang. That means the only one in my collection I can nominate is the one I hate cause its the only with the tiller hooked. Guess I need to come up with a plan.

Nominate it

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:46 PM

Nominate it

Guess I will drag something out and throw a plow on it for the heck of it.

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 09:17 PM

Guess I will drag something out and throw a plow on it for the heck of it.

There's the spirit! :D:thumbs:

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 09:23 PM

There's the spirit! :D:thumbs:

That's also a lot of work cause I have to move about 5 heavy items just to get to the plow! mabey...

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 09:25 PM

That's also a lot of work cause I have to move about 5 heavy items just to get to the plow! mabey...

It's about time to get the plow on anyways...so ya can get to Vevay plow day!

#11 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 09:28 PM

It's about time to get the plow on anyways...so ya can get to Vevay plow day!

Next plow day I'm going to is Cochranton on the 30th, so I gonna have to get the stuff piled in the implement shed out of the way. But you are right, getting close.

#12 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:12 PM

I am going to enter one of my favourites from the MF line up.
I read the guidelines for entry, and when I got to this part, "even if there is a white background" I thought the shoe fit.
My entry is a 1968 Massey Ferguson MF12 Hydra Speed.
This machine was given to me in July of 09. Many pieces where missing, and it was in rough shape. In May of 2010, I was
tired of moving it around, and had no hope in ever getting it up and running. I was just about to list it for sale as a
parts machine, and I came across a parts donor. I also, at that time got to know Doug (DH1), and he helped me out
with a few more pieces. So, I tackled it, and had her resto'd, and up and running by July. I then resto'd a
deck for it that I came across, and a 38" tiller. The picture of her chomping at the bit, and tilling snow was taken
this past Saturday, Apr 2nd/2011.
When I found the deck for it, I also got a snowblower. That has yet to be resto'd. I also have those nice shiney hub caps
for her, but don't want to put them on, because that would cover up the 2 tone rims, which where alot of work, and in my
opinion look better than chrome.The seat with red piping was made by a friend. Not original equipment, but sure makes
it unique looking.
Once things dry up around here, I plan on doing a garden, and this rig will be put to work. I have the original sleeve hitch
for it, and will also be using it to move the yard trailer around. On my list of things to build for her is a PTO driven air compressor
which was available as an accessory.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010026.jpg
  • P1010057a.jpg
  • P1010097.jpg

#13 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks