• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nodlenor OFFLINE  

Nodlenor
  • Member No: 67796
  • 10 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 06:41 PM

I have a LGT2554 which is about 4 years old and has a little over 300 hours on it. I recently found the frame was cracked where the rear axle bolts on. I fixed it with some heavy angle iron that I just happened to have on hand. I'm posting this to warn others to check theirs. I caught mine before it broke off potentially causing more damage and a harder fix. My BIL has a smaller mower (can't remember the number) where he works that did the same thing, so it may be a weak spot in these mowers.
  • Alc, boyscout862 and Chopperhed have said thanks

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 09:00 PM

A lot of the various brands built by MTD have this same problem,  Can usually tell if it shows up when it throws the belt off in reverse.  Still repairable at that point but beyond that not much hope.

• Alc said thank you

#3 Nodlenor OFFLINE  

Nodlenor
  • Member No: 67796
  • 10 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 09:18 PM

I have a Yard Man that I bought new in 1994. I checked it and found no problem. I have no idea how many hours it has on it but I would guess around 2000. It has been one of the best mowers I have ever had. I still use it to mow my banks with because it has better traction and the deck doesn't hang up when in uneven ground like crossing a ditch.

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,444 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 05:38 AM

Thanks again for this thread , I'm not sure if my son's White 2550H is the same but I'll check it out the next time I'm at his house