• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 07:57 PM

Industrial waste water treatment operator 1996 to present.

Residential home building 1990 to1996.

Municipal water & waste water operator 1973 to 1990.

Guess you could say I have been dealing with "crap" all my life!

Edited by KC9KAS, June 29, 2015 - 03:19 PM.

• Alc, Chris11, hamman and 5 others have said thanks

#17 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 664 Thanks
  • 386 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 08:19 PM

commerical carpenter for 30 years, i only work on building commerical buildings , schools ,churchs, office building,I can build homes but it's not for me and in these times that's a very young man game.My father had a pluming business when i was a kid and did that for 10 years till .

• Chris11, Cvans, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#18 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,802 Thanks
  • 2,202 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 08:37 PM

Finish / trim carpenter, been doing commercial high end millwork for last 15 years, residential cabinets for the previous 14+.

#19 grattone ONLINE  

grattone
  • Member No: 66237
  • 222 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 08:37 PM

Retired, Service Tech. for 40 years with 1 company, serviced ATM's, vaults, alarms and video equipment, too many late nights and weekend service calls (good overtime). But I like it better with less money and 1 boss, I pretty much get to enjoy life as long as I say Yes Dear.

• Chris11, Cvans and oldedeeres have said thanks

#20 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Master plumber , I opened my own company in 2003 and I'm the only employee . I grew up working on the family produce farm.

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 08:55 PM

Family farm birth to 1996, still doing upkeep.
Mom and Pop electronics & Appliance store utility infielder from 89 to present.
Small-med-large Sound systems & video distribution. (Design and installation)
Also appliance parts and service. Scratch and dent load triage. Sales when needed.

#22 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 09:32 PM

I work at a Dog kennel part time, also have a very small antique tractor salvage and I also buy and resell anything that's a "good deal". Also do any job that someone will hire me for, like trimming hedge rows (by hand with a chain saw), I trimmed over 8 miles of very over grown hedge rows, then pushed up all the brush and went back through by hand picking up every little stick that was bigger then your little finger (yeah that was fun). Also do some jobs with my little 20hp Kubota with backhoe and then any other job that might come around that can make me a little $$$ to pay the bills.

I also play a concert (I play bass) every year or 2, the 2 singers/pianist/guitarist (twins) are very talented but they haven't made it big yet and they haven't made me rich yet either :wallbanging:  :rolling:

#23 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,534 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 10:13 PM

Cashier for 5 years, with one company, stocked for another in PA 2.5years before that.  My dream is to drive truck for a living, not over the road though. 

#24 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 04:24 AM

Been a draftsman for 30 years now for anything from glass bottle forming equipment to coal mine equipment to bridges.  I've working in bridges for a majority of the time.  Bridge decking to be exact.  Been with my present company for 9 years now.  They are located in Alabama and I am in Pennsylvania so I work from home.  It's like being retired with deadlines.  I love what I do and for whom I do it.  If you ever roll across one of those open grate bridges, that's what I work on.  Also trench grating or flooring in plants and warehouses, stuff like that.  I just tell people that I draw squares for a living.

• Chris11, Cvans, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#25 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 05:11 AM

Costume fitter at a strip club ,,,,,    NO just kidding   ,,,, a fleet mechanic for an electric utility , in our shop it's just me on days and one guy at night , it's not even a real service garage but we try getting by with what we have to work with

• MH81, Chris11, Cvans and 3 others have said thanks

#26 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 07:19 AM

QC lab tech and the "can you send out this sample for me" guy for pigment company. I make sure the pigmetn is the color color/hur before it leaves. If you ever read a magazine, bought a bag of snacks or dry foods, gotten a pizza box, read a newspaper, our pigment could have been in that ink. Not a great fulfilling job, but for the money I make and the actual work I put in, can't complain.

After my paying job, I also do auto repair, almost any construction/home repair, and of course lawn and garden, sometimes I even get paid to do those. "Jack of all trades, master of none"

• Alc, Chris11, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#27 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 06:03 PM

On a mason crew for too many years. Started working at 16 just a few weeks after dropping out of school. By the time I was 19 I was foreman of a crew. I helped build many grocery stores through the years.  Now I am framing houses.

Edited by shorty, June 29, 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#28 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 07:32 PM

Started off at the age of 16 working for a local wedding catering business. Worked there for 2 years. Got on working at Cracker barrel old country store for 4 years. Graduated from high school on a Friday evening in June. Went back to work the next day. Worked as a dishwasher then up to a cook. Left work to go work a Allied waste/Republic services landfill. Part heavy equipment operator and part labor worker. Just something for right now i suppose. Always wanted to paint but cant find any local body shops to take me in. 

#29 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 08:12 PM

Started my adult working life as a BMET (biomedical equipment tech) in the Army. I ended up at a local University specializing n Scientific refrigeration. With over 3000 pieces of refrigerated equipment on the campus we stay busy. I get to work on some very unusual pieces and best of all I get to meet some of the most amazing people in the world. Everybody from Nobel prize winners to people that have discovered drugs we use everyday to save lives. The research I get to see everyday just blows me away.

• Alc, Chris11, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#30 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 08:56 PM

I am a Mechanic for Toyota, I've been with the brand for almost 4 years will be 4 on 10/18. On top of working the line i also do all the service work on our lawn equipment and the owners kubota. In the winter i also plow the lot and take care of our fleet of plow trucks all tundra's.