• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 27, 2015 - 07:58 PM

I am looking at a  1250 locally that runs but is missing some stuff like the side covers that I can tell for sure, gotta go see it for myself and see what all else may be MIA/

Seeing as how most K series Kohler  powered tractors in other applications didn't have them in the 1st place, can I "assume" that they were mostly for "looks" anyway?

How much of the stuff between these quiet line machines is interchangeable with the 127, 129, 149, and other older Cubs?  I am talking attachment wise here mostly.

#2 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted June 27, 2015 - 08:52 PM

As far as attachments go anything from the first series wide frames (86,108,109,128,129,149 and 169) will fit directly on. Any older narrow frame Cub attachments will need a different subframe to mount to a Quietline.

• MH81 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#3 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted June 27, 2015 - 10:55 PM

I am looking at a  1250 locally that runs but is missing some stuff like the side covers that I can tell for sure, gotta go see it for myself and see what all else may be MIA/

Seeing as how most K series Kohler  powered tractors in other applications didn't have them in the 1st place, can I "assume" that they were mostly for "looks" anyway?

How much of the stuff between these quiet line machines is interchangeable with the 127, 129, 149, and other older Cubs?  I am talking attachment wise here mostly.

The side shields along with the forward pushing exhaust with the box around the muffler and the rubber engine mounts were all to help deaden the noise and make the tractors the "quietline" that they are.

As for attachments, the last 2 series of narrow frames including the 72, 73, 104, 106, 105, 107, 124, 126, 125, 127, and 147 have some commonality with the wideframe tractors.  The mower decks with a 3/8" drive belt that fit these tractors will all interchange without modification just using a different mower deck mule drive.  The rear mounted tiller will interchange on all of them with no mods.  It just uses a different drive belt from model to model.  The model QA42A snow thrower will fit all of the wide frames as well as the narrow frames listed above.  As Levi mentioned the snow and dirt blade will fit wide or narrow frames with the right subframe on it.

As for parts availability.  There is lots of stuff out there that is still available for them and many bone yards with used parts for them.

Good luck.

• MH81 said thank you

#4 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 02:23 PM

thanks for the info. At 1st my main concern would be the side shields that are apparently missing, I'm thinking that w/o them the motor would actually run cooler, wouldn't it? I hope to go see it in a couple hours.

I am getting frustrated with my Ariens, as they seem non existent in my area, nothing is available for it within less than a 3 hour drive. Having to order everything I need for it piece by piece, it is gonna get quite expensive, I see alot more older Cub stuff around here for sure.

Edited by dodge trucker, June 28, 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#5 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 08:33 PM

thanks for the info. At 1st my main concern would be the side shields that are apparently missing, I'm thinking that w/o them the motor would actually run cooler, wouldn't it? I hope to go see it in a couple hours.

I am getting frustrated with my Ariens, as they seem non existent in my area, nothing is available for it within less than a 3 hour drive. Having to order everything I need for it piece by piece, it is gonna get quite expensive, I see alot more older Cub stuff around here for sure.

I know people that take them off as they say it makes them run cooler and I know others that have had them on their tractors since day one without any issues.  I personally don't think it will matter either way as far as operation is concerned.  I actually know of a set on a 1200 that may be for sale in the next few weeks.  There are vendors here on the site as well that should have them for sale if you want to reinstall a set.

• MH81 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#6 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted September 06, 2015 - 07:12 PM

nevermind, will start a new thread...

Edited by dodge trucker, September 07, 2015 - 07:13 AM.

#7 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 11:10 PM

hey IH Cub guy, I got a 1250 (not the one I was looking at when I started this thread) but  another, and it too has no side panels; I am still trying to get it running to try and evaluate the machine to see if it is worth getting going or better served as a parts unit, but it too has no side panels. back when this thread was current, you said you might know of a set off a 1200 that might be coming available soon; ddi that ever pan out? Once I get the carb back together, and hear it run on something besides ether, I will know more.....