• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 09:19 AM

Sure makes one stop & think. My older friend at 72yrs passed on several days ago, now 2 more friends MY AGE have passed on. Hoyt was 53yrs old, and had a heart condition. Greg was my age at 52yrs old. Greg has had several strokes, likely brought on from drug abuse in his 20's. It all caught up with him. I didn't even find out Hoyt had passed until after the funeral. Greg is just having a graveside service tomorrow just a mile up the road, right next to where he was raised. Greg & I were good friends when young & played in the barn hay making tunnels & such. Lost touch when he got into drugs, then he returned home after he got clean. Used to race go karts at the neighbors with Hoyt back in my 20's. Seen him ever so often since then. Sad to see them go.

#2 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 09:26 AM

Yes it does. I just had a classmate of "65 killed in a car accident in Arizona last week.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 09:27 AM

It does make you sit back and think. It also seems to go in spurts which I never understood either.

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 09:30 AM

Sorry to hear that Daniel, it seems that all things happen in 3's. Sorry for your loose of your friends.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 09:34 AM

It also seems to go in spurts which I never understood either.

It sure does George! Neither were real close friends these days, but still sad never the less & remained my friends. I told Teresa this morning I HAD to live long enough to finish "Boss Hog", but if I kicked the bucket beforehand, she had to get someone to finish it for me! lol One should always try to live like there may not be a tomorrow as far as to how we treat others, while living in general we need to plan for a tomorrow. So just in case....you are ALL my friends here at GTT!

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 09:42 AM

Greg has either an old Farmall F14 or possibly an F20 that was his deceased brother's. It has never been restored & rather rough, but last time I spoke with Greg he said the engine still turned free, as well as all the drivetrain. Knowing his family that is left, there will be NO interest in the old Farmall, so I am going to make SURE it isn't sent to the scrapper, even if I can never restore it. I can make sure it is saved for someone who can. The tractor sits about 1 mile from me, so easy to bring home if I can get hold of it. Grege always wanted to restore it, but his health & finances prevented it.

#7 tractorgarden ONLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 09:49 AM

Sorry to hear that, Dan I think we all are effected with the loses in our lives, It is very comforting the large group of understanding close knit friends we have here on this forum, Thanks to all the members , moderators, supporters etc. My condolence on the loss, My support of your views. Shawn