• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,863 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:34 AM

I will have to get back to you on that, I do not have it here right now.

I know that I can use a steering column to start off with from the 129. Mine was run w/o an upper bushing so long, thta it is "flared-out" at top of the tube the steering shaft goes in. I was wondering if I could cut about an inch-inch and 1/2 off and put a bushing/bearing there and still be OK.... it would still stick out of the dash plenty.

Edited by dodge trucker, September 30, 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#32 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 270 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I took the front spindles off of the 108 tonight. Going to have to replace the kingpin bolts and repair or replace the bottom hole of the left spindle. I had a major toe out issue and when I jacked it up to make it easy to adjust the tie rod the spindles relaxed more that I like to see... Ever.

In fact, the toe out created a bad situation because I always watch the left front tire going up ramps, and the front slid off the ramps to the right. (toe out meant it pulled to the right) Luckily no bad things happened (font end dropped onto the right ramp) and we loaded it by shoving it on the trailer, no driving. Anyway, watch for toe out when buying tractors guys. It might not give bargaining room, but it might keep you safely upright while loading.

This is a new one on me, how do you replace a hole??

• KennyP said thank you

#33 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 05:51 PM

This is a new one on me, how do you replace a hole??

Entire spindle was bent, so had to replace it.