• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Sorry I haven't been here much lately. Been very busy farming, emptying manure pit, plus dairy meetings. 2 meetings down, one more to go. Just got back an hour ago from Atlanta. Long drive, but not as long as KC, MO which comes up a week from Sunday. It's over 600 miles one way. I'm tired as heck, so gonna go find my recliner & then an early bed time.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 08:49 PM

It sounds like you have been busy.

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 07:18 AM

That's a lot of miles to travel. Do you make the 600 in one day? I guess if it is mostly Interstate, it would be faster. I can barely do half that distance in a day, anymore... legs get too cramped up.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 10:20 AM

That's a lot of miles to travel. Do you make the 600 in one day? I guess if it is mostly Interstate, it would be faster. I can barely do half that distance in a day, anymore... legs get too cramped up.

Yep, all 600 in one day, but it is requiring more stops to walk off cramping in my legs these days. I can go 2hrs at the most before I need to walk a bit. I usually make the trip in 10 1/2hrs or so, but figure about 12hrs this year. All but 25 miles is Interstate.
Dang feed company put feed I ordered for yesterday delivery in wrong bin ON TOP of a totally different feed!:mad2: The girl that took the order wrote which bins to put it in correct, but the mill wrote it down wrong on the ticket. My feed rep is a great guy & offered to come help me get it out, but I declined his help. I can do it by myself better...less distractions. Feed flows from the top of the bin, so I'll unload it till I get all out. I'll have to climb bin with a pole to work the wrong feed down to center as I get close to all wrong feed out. Seems every time I'm gone, something wrong greets me home!:wallbanging::wallbanging:

#5 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 04:10 PM

That's about my time limit for a stretch too. Gets shorter every year!

Thats a bummer on the feed mix-up. I can't remember what it was supposed to cure but, I dumped a whole bag of some kind of bug dope, instead of mineral supplement, into a load of hog feed one time. It didn't hurt the hogs any, but usually one bag lasted for several loads of feed. It was a lot of wasted $$$.

#6 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 15, 2010 - 10:42 PM

Sorry I haven't been here much lately. Been very busy farming, emptying manure pit, plus dairy meetings. 2 meetings down, one more to go. Just got back an hour ago from Atlanta. Long drive, but not as long as KC, MO which comes up a week from Sunday. It's over 600 miles one way. I'm tired as heck, so gonna go find my recliner & then an early bed time.

Me too, I've been helping three friends with two brains. I went to Missouri today for a Ford LGT165, and I'm going back again next week, for a restored 1966 round fender with brass tag snow blade, 36" deck, weight box, and #10 cart. I'm trying to work on three tractors at once, and help my son on his job. I need to go back to work!!!