#1 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 06:08 PM

Hi,

I'm working on my RAD blower. It came off a troybilt so it had the pulley and belt system. I have since removed that piece. This blower has the stub shaft on the upper sprocket. I believe that it needs to be on the lower sprocket. Would anyone have some pictures of the blower as it is connected to a GT 1800/2000 or DGT 1700? I am going to use this one on my DGT 1700. I have the quick attach pieces that I think I can use. I'll be using the frame from my single stage blower. Thank you for any help.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC09976.JPG
  • DSC09978.JPG
  • DSC09977.JPG

Edited by Husky, June 24, 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#2 Paulgo OFFLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 07:57 PM

I've seen these with the PTO shaft going up to the top sprocket and also down to the bottom sprocket based on how they matched up with the tractor stub.  You might want to mount this on your GT first to test fit the shaft in up/down positions and then decide whether or not to change the chain/sprocket configuration.

Edited by Paulgo, June 24, 2015 - 08:00 PM.

• Husky and propane1 have said thanks

#3 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 06:32 AM

I've seen these with the PTO shaft going up to the top sprocket and also down to the bottom sprocket based on how they matched up with the tractor stub.  You might want to mount this on your GT first to test fit the shaft in up/down positions and then decide whether or not to change the chain/sprocket configuration.

Thank you for that idea. I will be putting the frame onto the tractor as part of this effort. I want it to be connected the way that Bolens designed it to be connected to avoid any issues. I'm hoping that the upper position is the correct one. It will save me some work.

• Paulgo said thank you

#4 Paulgo OFFLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 07:32 AM

Make sure your U-joint angle is good in both the raised and lowered positions.  Good luck and keep us posted!

• Husky said thank you

#5 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 11:09 AM

Make sure your U-joint angle is good in both the raised and lowered positions.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Ahh good point. I'm sure things will be a lot clearer once I get it mounted in place on the tractor. I'm just trying to plan ahead, maybe that's my curse  :wallbanging:  I should just go in and get it done.

#6 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,102 Thanks
  • 1,196 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 06:53 PM

You probably already thought of this but make sure when you check the u joint in the lowered position that the blower is at the lowest position it can go - depending on how you set up the way it attaches you may want the blower to go a little lower than ground level if you have any little dips or rises in your driveway.  You can end up with snow build up if the blower can't go low enough to keep the snow scraped down with the cutting edge of the blower - I think went I built my two stage I made it so it could go about 2" lower than the front wheels - you can set the front wheels up on a couple of pieces of wood when you make the attaching frame - just a suggestion.  Look forward to seeing this project progress.