• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 djordje33 OFFLINE  

djordje33
  • Member No: 62653
  • 20 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 08:34 AM

Have an older Ariens Tiller, model 831005, and I am finally getting ready to use this thing. I received this tiller in a package with other implements and an older s-16 new holland tractor. The tiller is tagged ariens and has the model number 831005, and this was being used on the s-16. 

I would like to use this on my GT18, but I'm not 100% these GT12-16 implements all work with the bigger GT17-20 siblings? 

I was told the 831006 tiller works, but it utilizes the same mounting frame and pulley that the 831005 uses. It looks like the pins line up with the tiller mounting frame, but I'm not sure about the top bracket above the PTO, which secures the tiller. 

Is anyone using this model tiller on a GT17 through GT20? It has a manual tensioner lever, but that doesn't interfere or prevent usage with the electric PTO equipped models. This thing is rock solid and well maintained so I would hate to look for something else which usually winds up being a rusty piece of garbage someone let sit outside. 

All help appreciated, pics even more. 

#2 warren OFFLINE  

warren
  • Member No: 48223
  • 42 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 09:10 AM

Have an older Ariens Tiller, model 831005, and I am finally getting ready to use this thing. I received this tiller in a package with other implements and an older s-16 new holland tractor. The tiller is tagged ariens and has the model number 831005, and this was being used on the s-16. 

I would like to use this on my GT18, but I'm not 100% these GT12-16 implements all work with the bigger GT17-20 siblings? 

I was told the 831006 tiller works, but it utilizes the same mounting frame and pulley that the 831005 uses. It looks like the pins line up with the tiller mounting frame, but I'm not sure about the top bracket above the PTO, which secures the tiller. 

Is anyone using this model tiller on a GT17 through GT20? It has a manual tensioner lever, but that doesn't interfere or prevent usage with the electric PTO equipped models. This thing is rock solid and well maintained so I would hate to look for something else which usually winds up being a rusty piece of garbage someone let sit outside. 

All help appreciated, pics even more. 

I say, go for it!  I believe that any of the 831 series implements will work on the 931 series tractors.  (S or GT models)  

#3 djordje33 OFFLINE  

djordje33
  • 20 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 09:47 AM

I'm thinking the same thing too, but looking to validate with someone using this same tiller and same tractor. Not sure if the top pin is a bear to line up or if there is a trick to it. 

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,567 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 04:59 PM

I use my tiller on the S-16 and on the Gravely 18H. It is tight to line up the top pin on both tractors. On the Gravely, it seems like it is slightly higher and the tiller needs to come up off the bottom pins just a bit. My tiller does great with the bigger engine.

#5 djordje33 OFFLINE  

djordje33
  • 20 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 06:50 AM

Had a problem lining up the top pin, then realized the upper frame bracket is slotted. Adjusted that and the tiller dropped right in. Previous owner tore off the right "kickstand" which supports and aligns the tiller frame prior to backing into it. Straightened that out and welded it back on, so we're good to go. Good size tiller with one extension on it and plenty of juice with the M18. I inquired with Ariens as to whether this model would fit and they responded it wasn't made to fit this tractor. Of course it wasn't, since the GT18 came out later. Not sure if by design, but Ariens did a good thing by leaving the attachment points alone at the rear of the tractor. 

At the end of the day the answer is YES........tiller models 831005 and 831006 will definitely attach to the GT17-GT20 model lineup and operate as designed. 

• shorty said thank you

#6 Wm McNett OFFLINE  

Wm McNett

• Member No: 1428
  • 85 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 11:06 AM

YES!

just lock the belt tensioner and use your electric clutch

#7 chedma OFFLINE  

chedma
  • Member No: 73814
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 03, 2015 - 12:36 AM

I just got a ariens tiller like your talking about where would I find the serial number thank you

#8 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,567 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted August 03, 2015 - 04:08 AM

Welcome to GTtalk!I found mine on the left side of the frame. Not sure if that is where they were put on all the models.
  • chedma said thank you

#9 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted August 03, 2015 - 09:45 AM

No sorry won't work send to me

#10 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• Member No: 1059
  • 70 Thanks
  • 152 posts

Posted August 03, 2015 - 09:51 AM

I use my tiller on the S-16 and on the Gravely 18H. It is tight to line up the top pin on both tractors. On the Gravely, it seems like it is slightly higher and the tiller needs to come up off the bottom pins just a bit. My tiller does great with the bigger engine.

Shorty, I did not realize you also have a Gravely 18H. Did you buy it new? When?

#11 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,567 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted August 03, 2015 - 12:41 PM

I just got it last fall. I got it mainly for a snow plow tractor. I had a thread on it. I will see if I can find it tonight when I get back to the pc