#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 09:46 AM

sitting under the American Flag. All made to last by great people who cared about quality and pride.                                      Roger

DSCF9474.JPG

DSCF9471.JPG

DSCF9461.JPG

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, grnspot110 and 23 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 10:14 AM

Great pics! I need another flag pole. Guess it's time to go get a piece of chain link top rail!

• hamman, Talntedmrgreen, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#3 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 908 Thanks
  • 659 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 10:28 AM

That's a calender shot, for sure. If I was driving by, I'd definitely be stopping!

• hamman and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 10:59 AM

That's a calender shot, for sure. If I was driving by, I'd definitely be stopping!

Id crash!

Nice photo Op Roger...
  • hamman, tiretrx, superaben and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Marty'70 ONLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 730 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 12:27 PM

Looks good Roger! Gotta love that old iron.
  • hamman said thank you

#6 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,876 Thanks
  • 2,791 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 05:12 PM

I'm glad we have this hobby to help us remember how great this country was in years past. I fear for the future of our American workers, the corporations have bought our policy makers and we the people are longer represented by them what a shame.
  • hamman, tiretrx, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#7 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 10:20 PM

This post is not to bash a certain manufacturer but to show why most of us like the old iron from long ago. Today my friend a neighbor across the street brought his zero turn to me. It's just about 15 months old and he has already had numerous things go wrong with it. Some taken care of by warranty and some by him buying the parts. He is 77 yo a retired iron worker that worked the high iron and raised three kids and when he wasn't working had a wrench in his had working on something with a motor in or on it. He was mowing his yard and the motor nearly died and the mower deck started vibrating violently. I looked at it and found that both idler pulleys on the deck are wobbly and loose. The main pulley worse that the other. Both quills are good to go and are tight and greased. We took the one pulley off and found the bearings bad. It also has a brass bushing that is worn badly. Now he uses this about 7 times a year and takes immaculate care of it. He washes the deck after each mowing and cleans it before putting it away. The stamped steel pulleys have pressed bearings and no Zerk fittings. At a cost of probably another $ 15 they could of manufactured these with zerks in them to keep the bearing cool and lubricated. He is going in for major back surgery Thursday and will be out of commission for a few months. All he wanted was to get his yard mowed and have a peace of mind during this time. I called and ordered the new pulleys only to be told they were not under the two year warranty he paid for. As I have some pull where he bought them from we worked out a deal where they will be at no cost to him.

My whole point is that these things are not made to last for like ones back in the day were. Paying good money anymore makes one wonder what happened to pride, workmanship and longevity. Sorry for the rant but this happens every day and for it to happen with a fairly new machine just isn't right. I will install them for him and make sure they are good to go when his son and grand son arrive later this weekend to finish mowing for him. I offered to finish it for him but he said to wait until the parts came in to do it. Thanks for listening.                                                                                                                              Roger

• wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#8 greenb69 ONLINE  

greenb69
  • Member No: 65681
  • 268 Thanks
  • 210 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 04:45 AM

I have a neighbor that never puts out our flag, never celebrates national holidays but has a house,motor home, boat, mustang, jeep, dodge truck,etc. all paid for by his brother that worked hard all his life and is dying of cancer. He and his wife spends their Friday nights at auctions buying junk no one else wants.
Thank you for remembering those who make this country great. All who work for what they have.
  • hamman said thank you

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 04:49 AM

Glad you could help him out, Roger! After watching my neighbor on his Dixie Chopper mow 10+ acres every week or so, I'd buy one of those as he has had very few issues with his.

• hamman said thank you