Garden Tractor Forums banner

Scrap Yard Massey I might pick up.

4K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  wvbuzzmaster 
#1 ·
I saw this today when I was getting my Wheel Horse there at the scrap yard.
It is Hydrostatic, and it has a Techumseh. I know it is Massey, but not sure its model, guessing 14 or 16. The wheel weights say FMC on them so I bet 100% they are for a Bolens and worth the screwing with the Massey. I dont want the Massey, I gonna give it away practically.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tread

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I'd get the weights, chains too. I would pass on the tractor, but you are handy. Convert it to electric.

#9 ·
If you can get the whole thing cheap enough go for it. You could always part out some of what is left of the tractor and sell the wheel weights if you don't want them.

#14 ·
I would go for it.... Personally, I would look for another gear drive 10/12 and rebuild the hydro. I bet if it was cleaned up it would not be all too bad of a fix. I would not pay more than $50 for it, but if you find the right parts tractor, you could make it whole! If not, it would be a serious shame to scrap a hydro, much harder to find parts like rear ends and sheet metal for them. The seat pan, and all the side steps are not the same as the gear drive tractors.

PS: I would go $100 with the weights and the tractor.

#21 ·
IMO from what I see in the 2 pic
Wheels weight chains
Entire Hydro trans-axle
Both fender guards, foot-boards and hydro belt guard on crank pulley
Any other tin that's not bent up.
Motor
Plastic dash if not busted up to much
Implement lift arm assembly if not broke
+???

#23 ·
The tin parts I always see tractors missing some pieces especially belt guard and right side fender guard
The motor SSI and carb if good and the rest have value
Plastic dash really hard to find a good one
Lift arm, seen a few broken ones
Trans-axle there's a splined coupler in there that fails.
Check to see if there's a bracket bolted to the front axle pivot bolt (snow blower bracket)

How much all that's worth??? All I know is that's the stuff someone who is restoring or fixing is looking for.

#24 ·
wvbuzzmaster said:
What about values on those items?
It isn't worth anything, we just wanted to see you buy it :poke:

It is hard to put a value on something, a lot of it depends on what you would have to charge for shipping if you are willing to ship. The SSI coils go for a decent chunk, the hydro trans could go for a decent amount but costs a lot to ship. Just to make it easy on you, I will give you $20 and you can bring it all up when you make it to the Extravaganza :D

#25 ·
NUTNDUN said:
It isn't worth anything, we just wanted to see you buy it :poke:

It is hard to put a value on something, a lot of it depends on what you would have to charge for shipping if you are willing to ship. The SSI coils go for a decent chunk, the hydro trans could go for a decent amount but costs a lot to ship. Just to make it easy on you, I will give you $20 and you can bring it all up when you make it to the Extravaganza :D
Congratulations, you just bought the rest of most of it (I'm keeping wheels, tires, chains, weights, and the grill).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.