5 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,168 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 12:03 AM

Is there supposed to be, or is one available, lift assist on the Xl series.  I have a G16xt I put a front blade on and it seem real heavy to lift.  There was no lift arm with the blade, so I improvised with a piece of 1/2" black pipe flattened on the ends and drill holes for the pins.  I determined the length with the blade down on level ground and the lift lever one notch forward of center.  Is it normal for these blades to be this heavy (two hands to pull the lift arm back) or am I missing some parts some place.?

The manual for the blade shows an adjustable link between the tractor and the blade.  The tractor manual does not show any assist either.

#2 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 12:33 AM

I have the same GT but with a blower and it is a bear to lift it--when I got it the previous owner put the link that's under the tractor  in the wrong hole and I couldn't lift it with both arms---check to see if you have another hole to put the link on to change the leverage

• Alc, boyscout862, chieffan and 1 other said thanks

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,168 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 07:35 AM

Mine has an electric winch for the rear hitch.  Thinking of adding on to the front frame and add another winch for the front.  Thanks much Bill 76.  I was thinking I was really getting weak in my old age.

#4 Paulgo ONLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 07:36 AM

Same story here.  I bought an XL with snowblower mounted and it was a bear to lift.  Figured out that the push rod was in the wrong rear hole.  After that it was an easy one hand lift.

Edited by Paulgo, June 22, 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#5 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,764 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 11:29 AM

They did make a lift asst for the blower,I have one with the blower I got a couple months ago,all will be for sale shortly if anyone is looking,also have the pto to go with it

#6 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,168 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 06:48 PM

I have the same GT but with a blower and it is a bear to lift it--when I got it the previous owner put the link that's under the tractor  in the wrong hole and I couldn't lift it with both arms---check to see if you have another hole to put the link on to change the leverage

Same story here.  I bought an XL with snowblower mounted and it was a bear to lift.  Figured out that the push rod was in the wrong rear hole.  After that it was an easy one hand lift.

Thanks much for the tip guys.  I got the 16 out today and moved a little pile of dirt to cover the lids on the septic tanks.  Got back to the shop and got to looking.  Yep !  There is another pair of holes up higher.  Moved the lift link to that pair and WOW !  What a difference.  Can easily lift it with on hand one.  appreciate the tip as I want to use that set up this winter for snow removal.

• Alc, Bill 76 and Paulgo have said thanks