• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,645 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 12:02 AM

Anyone having any problems with AT&T internet getting into facebook? No I don't face book but my niece lives several hundred miles south and baby due and my wife is getting po because she can't get the latest info.I've tried to assure her that every thing will be just fine but you know how women can be about this kind of mother hood stuff and she driving me nuts and after about 30 calls to at&t and not getting an answer I'am getting po---------------sorry about the rant  

• boyscout862 and laurarg3 have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,802 Thanks
  • 7,542 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 02:49 AM

I got much better internet service by leaving AT&T and going to my cable company. Good Luck, Rick

• Bill 76 said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 06:45 AM

And the ripples of the Ma Bell split up continue
We have AT&T for our cell, no issues with Internet and anyone who is friends with my wife can testify how much she's on f book
I've heard a couple people she knows with login issues, but that's a f book issue.
  • Bill 76 said thank you

#4 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,625 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 06:49 AM

American Telephone & Torture hasn't made me mad lately.  We had a parting of the ways.  :smilewink:

• Bill 76 said thank you

#5 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 09:23 AM

Bill, if you are connecting to the internet and are able to open other sites and just can't log on to Fbook then I would say it's the computer.  Have you tried another computer to see if you can get on? 

I understand you pain with AT&T, I wish I could get rid of them but I don't have any other option then DSL or satellite and that is worse then AT&T.

• Bill 76 said thank you

#6 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 09:41 AM

Like said above.  If you have an internet connection, and you can open every other website but face book, then the problem is on your end.  AT&T isn't blocking just facebook. 

What kind of error are you getting when she tries to log onto face book? 

And I agree, even if AT&T  isn't at fault, they are horrible.  Frontier is horrible as well.  DSL speeds, paying for 8mbps get 1 to 1.5...

The only internet that I have been truly happy with is Comcast 100MBPS with speed boost.  I have that at home now,and it is amazing.  I can download 2 gig files in minutes.  Love it! 

• HDWildBill and Bill 76 have said thanks

#7 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 11:09 AM

My family has all had a major slow down for the last few weeks on our phones, then BAM, ATT gets fined with 110 mil last week due to them purposely slowing down the data speeds. Coincidence, I think not! We have been losing service where we normally do not, texts are not being sent and phone calls get dropped. My phone will actually kick out the WiFi and switch over to 4G on it's own while I am sitting 8 Ft from our WiFi box. Aggravating. I think it's an underhanded plan to make people use up there data then have to buy more gigs for the month.

My wife is currently researching switching to Verizon or Sprint.

• Bill 76 said thank you

#8 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • 1,645 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 03:12 PM

Bill, if you are connecting to the internet and are able to open other sites and just can't log on to Fbook then I would say it's the computer.  Have you tried another computer to see if you can get on? 

I understand you pain with AT&T, I wish I could get rid of them but I don't have any other option then DSL or satellite and that is worse then AT&T.

I could log on to anything but facebook with computer and cell phones --today every thing is good--I google up att facebook problems and att claims it was a software snafu --Maybe they should spend money upgrading things instead of postage mailing me crap 3 times a week.

Their web site also said customers affected would be getting refunds , ya I'll belive that when I see it.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#9 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • 1,645 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 03:22 PM

My family has all had a major slow down for the last few weeks on our phones, then BAM, ATT gets fined with 110 mil last week due to them purposely slowing down the data speeds. Coincidence, I think not! We have been losing service where we normally do not, texts are not being sent and phone calls get dropped. My phone will actually kick out the WiFi and switch over to 4G on it's own while I am sitting 8 Ft from our WiFi box. Aggravating. I think it's an underhanded plan to make people use up there data then have to buy more gigs for the month.

My wife is currently researching switching to Verizon or Sprint.

Tahoe-I've been wondering that $110 million fine I think the customers should get some of that money for the shafting we have been getting , but we know that ain't going to happen until pigs learn to fly. 

• HDWildBill said thank you

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 07:48 PM

We recently just switched from ATT to Verizon. We were with ATT for about 10 years but when we moved to where we currently are our service was really bad and you had to find the perfect spot to make a phone call. We were promised they were working on putting up new towers in our area and that it would get better. We didn't have any issues with their service anywhere else except for our house. After finally putting up with it for too long and service getting even worse here at the house for the last year we switched to Verizon about a month ago. Our home internet is through Comcast.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#11 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 08:01 PM

We recently just switched from ATT to Verizon. We were with ATT for about 10 years but when we moved to where we currently are our service was really bad and you had to find the perfect spot to make a phone call. We were promised they were working on putting up new towers in our area and that it would get better. We didn't have any issues with their service anywhere else except for our house. After finally putting up with it for too long and service getting even worse here at the house for the last year we switched to Verizon about a month ago. Our home internet is through Comcast.

I had att cell phones in 2006. Bought two phones for me and my ex wife. Service was terrible in my area. Att promised we are putting up new towers. Dealt with that for a year. Verizon offered a deal to pay off your old plan of you switched from att. Service is 100 times better.

Guess what it's 2015 and people are still complaining of the same dead spots and customer service tells them "we are building new towers they will be ready shortly"

If these mythical towers are ever built I will eat my hat

They do have money to build fancy new att stores all across the valley though....funny

Edited by toomanytoys84, June 22, 2015 - 08:01 PM.

• Bill 76 said thank you

#12 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 09:07 AM

Tahoe-I've been wondering that $110 million fine I think the customers should get some of that money for the shafting we have been getting , but we know that ain't going to happen until pigs learn to fly. 

Yea, even the news guy made that statement.

• Bill 76 said thank you

#13 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 864 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 07:44 AM

Have had AT&T cell phone service for a long time now have found a dead spot between Escanaba and Marinette Wisconsin in all these years. I even take my cell phone out in the middle of the cedar swamps and cranberry bogs and it works fine.

Got tired of the dial up internet service and went to the AT&T office to see what they could do for us and they said not a thing since they didn't have local phone service rights in the area.

I told the Wife that had to be a crock of bull as we are leaving. We went to Best Buy and bought a box called Elevate which is AT&T's version of the Jet pack. AT&T people never knew about it I guess.

Been pretty happy with it and I can put it in my lap top bag and take any place I want to get on the internet where I have Cell service.

I have had problems logging on to sites, 9 times out of 10 the problem was the sites I was trying to get on.

No we don't do face book or twitter, every body doesn't need to know when we take a crap.

We also use the phone for calls no texting.

:D   Al

• MH81 said thank you

#14 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 07:50 AM

Al, you may find when you're in a rare "dead cell" spot, you likely can still get texting to work as it takes very little signal compared to making a call.  Might come in handy to text then.