• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 11:01 PM

Why does it seem that the few parts tractors available for these machines that aren't $500+ are so far away? (and that's non running, some without engines, even for that price, seen one asking $800 w/o an engine) to me, that is just crazy. but so is driving 300+ miles away for machines sitting in the weeds that have on them what I need  for mine.  My GT 19 sits in the shed awaiting finding closer, reasonably priced goodies for it. someone contacted me with a package of 3 running working machines with 2 decks among the  3 tractors, and a snowblower and tiller for each... wanting $4k for the pile, and not wanting to split them up... I just need a few PARTS, not a fleet.

and individual parts (and used, at that) are priced at more than their weight in gold for them?

Cub and Deere are more plentiful in these parts, for sure.

I found a couple of seemingly reasonable  parts machines but they are over 300 miles away...nobody in my area seems to own Ariens GTs (though there are plenty of Ariens walk behind snow blowers around) nor does anyone in this neck of the woods seem to know much of anything about them?

Not knowing I'd ever have another, about 5 years ago I sold an S 16H  with a snow blade,  rear PTO hitch and tiller for $300, its engine was a basket case and I had to drive 100 miles away to meet the buyer.

now a days just that 3 point that went with that tractor, looks like it will cost me $250 to obtain another for the tractor that I currently have...just for that one component....

I need a (good) hood badly, and would like a 3 point for it,   and eventually a 2 stage snow blower for the front. would also could use a readable shifter bezel for it and possibly a different wiring harness

#2 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 12:06 AM

Well um er what I can see it looks pretty good

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted June 27, 2015 - 04:05 PM

Well um er what I can see it looks pretty good

huh? your reply makes no sense.

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,526 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted June 27, 2015 - 04:18 PM

This is what makes this line of Ariens so irritating. There were enough made that they aren't rare, but not enough that there are used parts floating around.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#5 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted June 27, 2015 - 11:36 PM

huh? your reply makes no sense.

I was replying to some thing else and it ended up on your topic---My fault , sorry  I don't know how I messed that up--I was doing instead of thinking. 

• dodge trucker said thank you

#6 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 05:51 AM

found another, this one within 25 miles, supposedly "blown" K341,  idiot don't want to sell until it's running again and then he's talking $1400/  if he did sell as is he'd still "have to" have  1/2 of that. Ridiculous price for a non running paperweight. All I seen of it so far is a pic on a phone  and it's in line of various brand LTs/GTs that don't run.