• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

Justin2655
  • Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 01:14 PM

i just recently got a cub 123 and after i got it home and looking at it, the hydraulic line (suction tube) is missing from the tractor, so i proceeded to look one up and i found 2 different styles, not sure which one is right. the first one is 80 bucks and the second one is 70. has anyone tired to figure out a different way of making a line or is it just as easy to buy one of the following below?

(34) is the line i need in the link below

http://www.partstree...rive-rel-parts/

$70 for the one below, what is the purpose of the line going up and over the pump for? thanks justin

394827-R21%20SUCTION%20TUBE%20ASSEMBLY_s Hydrostatic suction Tube Assembly kit PN/ IH-394827-R21

Fits 105 107 123 125 127 147

#2 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 01:25 PM

Order it from either place you want too.  The part number is the same for both that you posted.  We have a 123 at the farm and if I am not mistaken it has a shorter suction tube on it from the factory than what my 107 has on it.  The picture in the partstree breakdown is a somewhat generic picture and I don't believe shows what the actual piece looks like.  That picture is what the tube is like on a tractor like my 107.  The important thing is it lists the part number and that is the same for each of them.  I can tell you from personal experience that the line that wraps around like the picture shows can be an arrogant thing to put in and out of the machine cause there ain't much room under the frame for it and everything else that is up in there.

• Justin2655 said thank you

#3 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 02:11 PM

The one in the parts diagram is the original design that IH used and the picture you posted it the replacement for it.  They replaced it with the shorter one because if I remember right the long one that looped over the top was prone to cracking from vibration.  I believe the short one piece tube on the wide frame up to the 82 series tractors will fit also and is only about $38.  I'll ask my dad if he knows for sure tonight and let you know.  Hope this helps.           Stewart 

#4 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

Justin2655
  • Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 09:02 PM

that piece that fits on the wide frame on up to 82 series will fit the 123? the $38 sounds alot better then 70 to 80 lol, has anyone ever tried anything else for a different fix? thanks again

The one in the parts diagram is the original design that IH used and the picture you posted it the replacement for it.  They replaced it with the shorter one because if I remember right the long one that looped over the top was prone to cracking from vibration.  I believe the short one piece tube on the wide frame up to the 82 series tractors will fit also and is only about $38.  I'll ask my dad if he knows for sure tonight and let you know.  Hope this helps.           Stewart 

#5 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 12:06 PM

that piece that fits on the wide frame on up to 82 series will fit the 123? the $38 sounds alot better then 70 to 80 lol, has anyone ever tried anything else for a different fix? thanks again

I asked my dad and looked in the old parts books we have at work, and as far as we can tell the one piece tube part number

727-3008 will work in the 123.  It will also need a fitting to go in the hydro unit part number 727-3009.    Stewart