#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 01:09 PM

I have a '95 Kubota L2000 (gray market), it has the manual transmission (not hydro) and the reverse is popping out? Any ideas on  how to fix it and were to find parts? Would this be a gear or a fork??? I have never done anything with transmissions, but yet I don't have the money to hire someone to fix it. Any info would be great

THANKS

Attached Thumbnails

• garden 003.jpg

Edited by BTS, June 21, 2015 - 01:11 PM.

• boyscout862 and laurarg3 have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,767 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 01:32 PM

You seem to already understand the most likely possible problems. Forks wear and bend so that the gear does not go all the way into position. It will then pop out. Bearings and gears can wear and get loose that allows them to pop out. Get the tractor where you can look at it and drain a little transmission fluid into a clear or white container. If there is a bunch of metal particles in the oil, you may have a serious problem. If not, pull the shifter cover and check the forks. Get the correct shop manuals before playing with it. We have the BX2200 shop manual in our Manuals Section.  I also agree with you that hiring a mechanic is usually too expensive, I prefer to learn to do it myself. Good Luck, Rick  

Edited by boyscout862, June 21, 2015 - 01:45 PM.

• Alc, Cvans and BTS have said thanks

#3 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 05:18 PM

I agree with the shift forks as likely cause. The forks usually have neopreme pads that can wear down or come off the end of the shift fork allowing too much free play to engage the gear completely
  • Cvans, boyscout862 and BTS have said thanks

#4 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for the info,

I was hoping I could just tap on the transmission house 3 times while saying a chant and it would fix it's self. :ah_shoot:

I guess I'll half to get the tools out :oh_shucks:

• Alc said thank you