Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Scrap yard Wheel Horse this time, as well as other things.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 thirdroc17 OFFLINE  

thirdroc17

• Member No: 1805
  • 36 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 07:32 AM

It doesn't matter, they are the same thing, just different companies call them different things, and I call them SLEEVE hitchs.

Wheel Horse has both an old sleeve hitch, and the newer clevis hitch. If you was to buy a Wheel Horse sleeve hitch, you'd be greatly disappointed if what really needed was a clevis hitch. Yes, they can be interchangable terms, and different makes applied to the same term to different styles, but that doesn't make the parts interchangable. IMO, it's best to use the correct term for the make you're referring to, it might save some confusion. All that said, there are terms commonly used in the Wheel Horse circle that, while technically correct, are not what the items are called. Try looking them up on a parts list, and you'll never find what you're looking for.

#32 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 11:39 AM

Wheel Horse has both an old sleeve hitch, and the newer clevis hitch. If you was to buy a Wheel Horse sleeve hitch, you'd be greatly disappointed if what really needed was a clevis hitch. Yes, they can be interchangable terms, and different makes applied to the same term to different styles, but that doesn't make the parts interchangable. IMO, it's best to use the correct term for the make you're referring to, it might save some confusion. All that said, there are terms commonly used in the Wheel Horse circle that, while technically correct, are not what the items are called. Try looking them up on a parts list, and you'll never find what you're looking for.

I understand what you're saying, but, in my defense, I am not an expert on the brand, therefore I always talk to an expert in the brand I am working on if I have a problem and before I buy parts, because I don't know what I am looking at sometimes. And realistically, I don't need to know everything, just need to know who to talk to about what brand or field of expertise. That is why forums are great for all levels of garden tractor fans, because you get multiple opinions on whatever you are looking at, issue or not. And you don't hear from a Joe Shmo, you hear from someone that knows what they are talking about, or can figure out what you're saying lol. Thanks for voicing your concern.
  • thirdroc17 said thank you

#33 thirdroc17 OFFLINE  

thirdroc17

• Member No: 1805
  • 36 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 09:20 PM

All I know are Wheel Horses, won't even comment on the other brands with anything technical. Terminology can be a real pain. As I mentioned, even within the world of my single brand, people often use the wrong term for a part, which leads to confusion..... All I meant was to try to avoid confusion, not pick anyone. Hope that's how it was taken, and it sounds like it was. Thanks!

#34 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 09:30 PM

All I know are Wheel Horses, won't even comment on the other brands with anything technical. Terminology can be a real pain. As I mentioned, even within the world of my single brand, people often use the wrong term for a part, which leads to confusion..... All I meant was to try to avoid confusion, not pick anyone. Hope that's how it was taken, and it sounds like it was. Thanks!

Yup, understand, and I definitely add to the confusion by calling it as I see it, but can't help it, I just have to know what I am referring to.