• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 farmer john ONLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted June 20, 2015 - 07:32 PM

hi all, well once again I bought yet another wheel horse, promised myself I was not going to buy any more, but hey, they are basically giving them away, ha ha ha!!! found a 418a with a deck, thatcher, aerator, snow blower, wheel weights and what I wanted, a mid mount grader blade, po said her dad parked it after a tie rod broke, the worse is the air breather was off and long gone so I didn't really care about the tractor but I got the works for $225 Canadian, right now that's about $13 us bucks ( really about $170 American) this tractor had sunk to the axel in the mud and I had one heck of a time pulling it out with another gt, well I get her home and im looking her over running boards, rear pan, guards rotten but I put a bar on the crank and it looks like we're good, hook a battery up and we are cranking, hour meter is working showing 269hrs but man the tractors a mess from sitting outside but I have a d160 that that motor would possibly power up, I will check the compression tomorrow but in the mean time does anyone have the air breather set up with hoses off a bad motor? motor is a kohler M18QS spec# 24510 serial #161690104 thanks for looking john
  • limebuzz, Alc, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#2 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted June 20, 2015 - 09:30 PM

hi all, well once again I bought yet another wheel horse, promised myself I was not going to buy any more, but hey, they are basically giving them away, ha ha ha!!! found a 418a with a deck, thatcher, aerator, snow blower, wheel weights and what I wanted, a mid mount grader blade, po said her dad parked it after a tie rod broke, the worse is the air breather was off and long gone so I didn't really care about the tractor but I got the works for $225 Canadian, right now that's about $13 us bucks ( really about $170 American) this tractor had sunk to the axel in the mud and I had one heck of a time pulling it out with another gt, well I get her home and im looking her over running boards, rear pan, guards rotten but I put a bar on the crank and it looks like we're good, hook a battery up and we are cranking, hour meter is working showing 269hrs but man the tractors a mess from sitting outside but I have a d160 that that motor would possibly power up, I will check the compression tomorrow but in the mean time does anyone have the air breather set up with hoses off a bad motor? motor is a kohler M18QS spec# 24510 serial #161690104 thanks for looking john

anything like a k17 ?  if so, got a pick of the part you need ?