7 replies to this topic

#1 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 12:47 PM

This year will be my second year attending the Rose City show. Thecraftsmankid plans on coming too, he's either hitching a ride with me or his dad might take him.

There's farm tractors, steam tractors, horses, a church, dinner, breakfast, garden tractors, garden tractor pulls, slow races, Bohemian Tractor Pulls, farm tractor pulls, ATV pulls, ETC.

Yes I said slow races! see who can go the slowest with out stalling their tractor!

Bohemian Tractor Pull, where you pull the the tractor! That's right, people pull the tractor! Teams of three grab some ropes and pull the tractor down the track. The team with the fastest time wins.

I find the ATV pulls comical, the ATV's make it a couple feet, squat and stop. While the garden tractors with less HP and 2wheel drive manage to get full pulls pulling more weight.

I plan on going for all three days with my 1970 sears suburban, Austin will bring what ever he wants to. Hopefully his suburban. I might even bring one of my grandfathers farm tractors, either the Oliver 770 or the Minneapolis Moline model R.

It's a great show with things for every one of all ages! My grandfather got up on an old horse drawn cultivator and explained to a small group how it worked. He wasn't even a planned part of the show.

Home

#2 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 12:49 PM

Sounds like fun but It's a little far for me though unfortunately... :(

Take plenty of pictures!

#3 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted April 01, 2011 - 10:50 AM

Here's some pictures from last year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12539[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12540[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12541[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12542[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12543[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12544[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12545[/ATTACH]

There's camping at the state parks not too far away. Alexandria is not too far away as well. I think it's only a half hour drive from Alexandria if I remember correctly, we're only 10 minutes from the show grounds.

Edited by BillTheTractorMan, April 01, 2011 - 11:09 AM.

#4 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 01:42 PM

Bump....

#5 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• Member No: 1763
  • 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 03:12 PM

sounds like fun, too bad i'm busy all of august.

#6 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted August 27, 2011 - 12:07 AM

Both Austin and I had a blast. Definitely plan on going again next year!

Hope to meet up with some more people next year!

I only managed to get one picture, my camera crapped out on me....:wallbanging: But I did get some video.
Rose city tractor pulls, Minneapolis Moline G VI/ G6 and John Deere 720 LP - YouTube

(yes this is a late summery)

Attached Thumbnails

• 001 copy.jpg

#7 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted August 27, 2011 - 12:16 AM

they have lots of food there to like fresh cut doughnuts lol (inside joke). It was fun lots of tractors pulling. To many JD Gs though.

#8 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted August 27, 2011 - 07:31 PM

they have lots of food there to like fresh cut doughnuts lol (inside joke). It was fun lots of tractors pulling. To many JD Gs though.

Yeah, but next year I'm thinking a certain john deere R might be there along with a certain Oliver 770....:D