Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Got my 220 to move under her own power today.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted June 18, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Had a little down time at work today, so I filled the hyd system on my 220 with 15w40 Rotella. What came out a couple weeks ago when I last worked on it looked like red ATF or similar. Very watery. I am happy to say she moves just fine now with proper oil in the system. Since I have the seat/mount removed, I was kneeling on top of the fuel tank and she has no problem darn near throwing me off if I get a bit to generious with the speed lever. Now to finish fixing the headlight circuit and find a decent seat off one of our junkers at work. I will worry about the paint next year as she will be my "yard tug" around the house. My 920 diesel Allis is to large to really be usable at home. One reason I got the little 220, pull my yard cart ect. I have the front plate for a mower deck and what appears to be a good PTO clutch. Need to find the smallest deck Case offered for this tractor. I have a gate and shed door opening that the max that goes thru is 47" So smaller is a good thing. Mike

• KennyP, Traill95, superaben and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted June 18, 2015 - 05:19 PM

That's great news! Hope we get to see some pics of it in action!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 18, 2015 - 10:08 PM

Case had a 44'' deck for it. 

Glad to hear you got it running.  Nothing like a little encouragement during the day!

Ben W.

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 18, 2015 - 10:14 PM

Don't be fooled by the 44" Case mower deck. If you measure it you will find it not fitting between the wheel wells of the pickup truck. Ben should know this, since he bought my Case 222 with 44" deck.