Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ford 1500 radiator and water pump changeout.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 07:44 AM

I was cultivating Garden with my 1500 recently and noticed big change in sound.....shut it down to see what was going on.

Found my fan and pulley off water pump laying down in the shroud on the radiator........Doh ! Hard to believe the 7.8" shaft snapped off in front of the bearing clean as a whistle. No belt burning or anything. Of course it is 36 years old....

well needless to say the hunt for parts was shocking. NH if they had one, which they didn`t, wanted about $300 for the pump and $500 for radiator. Looked to ebay and found one for 115$ for pump thought OK....got around and dug some more and actually found one for $43.....new not rebuilt. Needed paint but that was easy.

The radiator looked to have just barely been hit by fan blade.....but it did leak. Took It to radiator shop and apparently had some other bad spots. he could get core for $300 and whole new radiator for $450. I dug around and found one new at same place as the pump for $345 shipped.

All States Tractor Parts ASAP was very good to work with....even shipped it before we had a snag with PayPal cleared up. Got the parts delivered to door in less than 2 days.

I like to give a thumbs up when I can. Very good outfit with several used parts depots around country too.

• Alc, boyscout862, WNYTractorTinkerer and 2 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 07:55 AM

I've done business with ASAP and very pleased every time.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 11:43 AM

I have replaced two water pumps on my 1500. One I attribute to my running the belt too tight.
I have ordered both from Stevens tractor in Louisiana and have been very pleased with their service.
I do not know if I have an oddball fan or not? But have had to drill and tap the flange on both pumps.
With the fan on the centering spud, it is not out of balance.

Boy these Fords are great tractors!

I will check out Allstate tractor, I have two spokes broke on my steering wheel.
I have found lots listed for the 1900, but have yet to find one listed for the 1500.
Do not know if shaft size and splines are the same?

Edited by JD DANNELS, June 17, 2015 - 11:49 AM.