• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,000 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 07:47 PM

A few days ago when using the Pk to pile up a bunch of branches the Kohler would run a bit ruff and sometimes there would be after fire, this happen last summer and it turned out to be a lose mounting bolt that holds the coil and condenser found it by noticing the sparking at the bolt tightened it an all was good. Well Friday  I got the PK into the shop to change oil and service it first I used the FEL to move some stuff and it started the ruff running more and more, so while changing oil and servicing the tractor I cleaned the fuel filter cleaned the airfilter & pre-filter cleaned ckd the gad and tested the S plug I could see by the soot on the plug that the engine wasn't running lean, checked the plug wire the coil end was a little corroded so installed a new wire core wire started the engine and it ran the same, it was supper time so that evening I was thinking about it and wondered if the condenser was the problem  so Saturday I installed a new condenser and now it runs like new again have run it about 45 minutes no problems.

• Alc, propane1 and WilliamSa have said thanks

#2 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,626 Thanks
  • 7,669 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 08:56 PM

You maybe know about the issues with the k361 running hot. Be sure the cooling fins are clean.

• MNGB said thank you

#3 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,000 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hi LilysDad, oh yes I'm aware of that and watch it close, mine is a good running one and I don't want anything to hurt it.