• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TIC OFFLINE  

TIC
  • Member No: 71955
  • 4 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 07:52 PM

IMG_5611.JPG Just acquired this nice little machine, cant find a serial or model number anywhere. I believe I am missing some mower deck parts, I have the front piece and the deck..

It has a hand pump mounted on the side for the 3 point hitch, wonder what it had originally. I am guessing there is no PTO.

I got it for a song, came with York Rake, Deck, Back Blade, Snow blade, Chains, and hitch..

• Alc, Delmar, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 09:19 PM

Very nice machine. Welcome to GTT. Check out our Manuals Section for the manuals you need. You can get 3 free downloads per day. Do all the maintenance that the manual calls for. You may have water in places where it can do harm. Good Luck, Rick

#3 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 12:06 AM

Hello and welcome to GTtalk.  glad u found this site, great bunch of folks here.

nice tractor u have.  those are few and far between...and a nice collection of attachments that came with it...wish I had a York rake!

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 03:20 AM

Looks like what is called a Long Hood era with the electric pto in front?  Might be a 1614 say, meaning 16" wheels and 14hp engine. Can have another size engine too, but don't think so. A little lighter model is a 1612, with smaller frame, but this one looks like standard size and the wider front axle. That pump for lifting is quite a deal. It might have had a hand left lever on the right side and someone put on parts of a hydaulic lift and not the pump to run it? Pumps would be right above the bellhousing under hood, back of dash with belt running down to the pulley on flywheel below. The lines would run down and under the tunnel, t hru those holes there and back out up to control under seat and tank in back on tunnel tin. You CAN find all those parts and put on to change it over if you wished.  Epay is great place to find things for PK's and joining forums like this. The serial is usually on a sticker either on dash or on front grill between the lights at top. Looks like this one has been painted and many times those get taken off. SOME had number stamped under the tin of left side near the clutch pedal, but have to take whole tunnel off to see. Not a regular place, and many have no stampings there or anywhere else. Sometimes with serial or spec numbers off the engine, you can get close to year. Look for that sticker or plate on shroud. Looks like good tractor to start with and easy to work on. Post more pix when you get some taken. LIke to see that hitch and lift more, kinda clever. What SONG was it that got that, ha!

• Alc said thank you

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 06:59 AM

Taking a second look on diff puter, now thinking it MIGHT be the Jim Dandy size or called 1612 later.  What size engine is in that? The steering looks a little changed somehow on front axle and with 8" wheels also from 1612 series. Seems the steering link is way down low on it, not sure what is story on that. MORE pictures needed!

Edited by glgrumpy, June 15, 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#6 TIC OFFLINE  

TIC
  • Member No: 71955
  • 4 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 07:09 AM

The Song was only $1000

Somewhere I thought I seen 18 hp on the Kubota, but looked again last night and could not see it again. The belt for the hydraulics is there but I don't see a pump anywhere. This is a very low geared tractor, and runs great. has plenty of power. From what I have seen so far, you can either have the deck or the 3 point hitch or the blade, but cant have two at the same time attached. I will try to get more pictures today, though it's raining up in northern ny..

#7 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 08:01 AM

That is (or used to be known as) the Jim Dandy model.  They were either really fast or really slow.  The belt hanging there could have been used with a sickle bar attachment and never used for a hydraulic pump given the hydraulic set up you have on that tractor.  You stated that you could not find a serial number anywhere which stands to reason when I look at the lack of decals and the faded paint.  It doesn't surprise me as these just had decals with the numbers on them instead of the stamped tags as found on the older models (before the long hood era).  There is a small chance that you could still find a serial number on the tractor but it would require some dis-assembly.  SOME tractors had the serial number scratched into the frame.  The location of this serial number would be on top of the frame but under the sheet metal, right where your left foot rests when driving the tractor.  This is not a given as not every tractor got this (must have been a certain person on a certain shift that did it) but it is a chance.  This tractor will either be an Economy, Jim Dandy or a Power King 1612, depending on when it was built.  There is an outside chance it has a 14hp kohler also.  Let us know what you find and, yes, more pics would bring better guesses.

#8 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 08:18 AM

If the steering wheel and seat are original it would be a 1612 as that was the first year for the 1612 and the first years that seat ans steering wheel was used.I should say same style seat as that one looks aftermarket.Also,I believe the batteries were mounted on the right side on Jim Dandy's.

• Alc and David Brown have said thanks

#9 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,856 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 01:01 PM

Welcome aboard.

#10 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 998 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hi TIC, welcome to the group, nice looking tractor your going to like it I know I sure like mine. Post some more pics of the tractor all the way around.