down time

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 karl OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38218
  • 923 Thanks
  • 696 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 09:17 PM

Well,here I am again waiting for parts on this project all mad and everything.Iwas in a hurry to get this done,Then....... I saw this under my truck.  some times the message comes through loud and clear,everything in do time!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1881.JPG

• Alc, hamman, tinbender7 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,507 Thanks
  • 4,174 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 09:37 PM

Is that job a real bear?

• tinbender7 and karl have said thanks

#3 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,514 Thanks
  • 3,064 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 09:48 PM

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Nothing like a nice snooze in the shade on a hot day.
  • KennyP, tinbender7 and karl have said thanks

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 10:35 PM

It's good to have your prioritys straight...
I often fall asleep sitting on tractors thinking of what I will fix on them next lol. (ps: falling asleep sitting up is easy, it's waking up before you land that takes skill lol)
  • oldedeeres and karl have said thanks

#5 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,971 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 10:46 PM

I've fallen asleep under a car more than once...

I was in the home stretch of finishing my first turbo engine build. Started at 8am Saturday worked on it till the wee hours of Sunday morning. All alone. Put the motor in redid the wiring harness installed the transmission clutch hook up linkages tunes the map sensor signal block last step was to put the gas tank back in with the modified fuel canister and pumo. Had the tank on my chest. Scooted under car.

Woke up hours later when dad dragged me out from under the car by ankles screaming his head off. He thought I was dead. Just sleeping.
  • olcowhand, oldedeeres and karl have said thanks

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,753 Thanks
  • 4,261 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 11:20 PM

Just be careful where you fall asleep at.  A good friend of mine some years back when we worked for an Ag-Chem company, was driving a tender truck for a big spray rig.  As it takes about 45 min. for the sprayer to empty its tank, Rod decided to take a nap under his truck in the grass as it was hotter than blazes in the cab.  Woke up when the sprayer pulled up and started the refill job all the while picking ticks off himself.  When the sprayer left the last thing the sprayer operator saw was Rod standing along side his truck in his shorts still picking ticks off himself.  Last time he fell asleep under a truck in the tall grass for sure.  Once the story got out we all had fun picking ticks off Rod when ever we saw him.

• oldedeeres and karl have said thanks

#7 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,379 Thanks
  • 3,958 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 06:30 AM

we say: fauler Hund!

• karl said thank you

#8 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,208 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 08:34 AM

Sometimes it takes a child or an innocent animal to point out to us that what we think is important is really just a creation of our own making. The truly important things such as watching a child play, a kitten chase a bug, or the wind blowing through a stand of Black Eyed Susan's, often get lost in the shuffle. As we get older and realize these things, we wish we had more time to do them. ;)

• oldedeeres, TomLGT195 and karl have said thanks

#9 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,514 Thanks
  • 3,064 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 09:25 AM

Sleeping under a truck----- harvest of /73, hotter than the hubs of hell, I was hauling grain from the combine with Ol' Kalija, the /53 Ford 3 ton. I lay down in the stubble under the shady side of the truck and promptly fell asleep. Combine pulled up to dump, My Olde Deere a tad irate because I was supposed to have been watching and come to him to dump on the fly.  Can you guess? I stood up quick, cracked my head on the frame of the truck and was out for the count! Woke up about ten minutes later pouring blood, (nothing like a scalp wound to bleed), pulled my cap down tight over the cut, and hauled the load into the yard. MOD completely forgot about being mad-- he'd had time to cool off while I was coming to, lol. 

• KennyP and karl have said thanks

#10 JohnWR OFFLINE  

• Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 09:06 PM

Please tell me you have had that frame checked and failed on that taco.

• karl said thank you