#1 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 12:58 PM

Found this at the local consignment auction...on my second pass I realized it wasn't the typical Simplicity/Midland/DB/Bolens machine I'm used to seeing there.  It's pretty crusty...has sat out for quite some time, but has decent Goodyear tires and the cultivator looks like it can still be cracked loose and adjusted for use.  It seems to have individual gear selection (or internal brakes?) on each side, and the controls seem to work well.

I was surprised to see "PAGE" cast into the differential housings on each side.  I couldn't find a mrg#/serial # plate, but there's a lot of buildup likely hiding it.  It has a Briggs, and the model # looked to be a NS or NP....I didn't think it was showing just 'N'.

Any idea what this is, what it's age may be, etc?  If someone is interested, I can point you in the right direction.

• DB1, Traill95, Tbrooks and 1 other said thanks

#2 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 43924
  • 280 Thanks
  • 177 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 08:20 PM

Page never put ID tags on their walk behind tractors to my knowledge. The only real way to date them is off of the engine.

I believe this tractor to be a ZA5E model which was the smallest model in their lineup of 4 models at the time and used the Briggs NP engine.

Thanks, Rob
  • DougT said thank you