Garden Tractor Forums banner

Cub 169 Hitch Info Help

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  KennyP 
#1 ·
I would like to put a 3 point hitch of some kind on my Cub 169 to possibly hook up a Tiller and Plow but can't seem to find much info about it on line and am a little Puzzled by how it would even hook up / work?? Anyone who can possibly shed some light on this with some good Pics. or video of exactly what I need and How it hooks up would be greatly appreciated. thanks, DanO'

This is What My Rear End Looks Like :laughingteeth:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
LOL, thanks for the pic of your rear. At least it is the tractors rear :D

If you want to do a 3pt you would have to do a kit, there is one company that I know has them and there may be others as well. I will see if I can't dig it up. The other option is to get a rear lift kit for it and also a brinly sleeve hitch adapter. Finding another tractor that already has it on is the cheapest route most of the time but they are listed on ebay from time to time. I don't know if the 169 is considered a narrow frame or wide frame but here is a link to a rear lift kit: Cub Cadet One Point Sleeve Hitch Lift Assembly - eBay (item 150581142464 end time Mar-29-11 17:25:25 PDT)

You can also try one of our site sponsors to see if they have the lift, Patton Acres or Bob's Garden Tractors. Cub Cadet warehouse has the pieces also, but till you buy all of the stuff you could basically get the 3pt kit for it. Let me see if I can find the 3pt kit to link to.

Reactions: DanO
#3 ·
TMO beat me to it with the links. The Cat 0 3pt kit is pretty nice, and depending how thrifty you can find all the pieces you need for the Brinly style sleeve hitch the price on the Cat 0 doesn't seem to be too bad.

#4 ·
Just remember that what Cub calls a 3 point lift is totally different from a Cat 0 3 point type lift. Tmo is correct with what he linked to. That is the Cub 3 point lift. Don't know why Cub called it a "3 point" other than it attaches to the tractor at 3 points.
KennyP

#5 ·
Thanks for the quick response Guys, appreciate it very much. If anyone has a Picture of the Hitch actually Mounted onto the Tractor, so i can more clearly understand how it's done and be sure I get all the right pieces, that would be great.

#6 ·
I don't have a pic of one installed, but here is a pic from the manual of the parts.
Triangle Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram

This is for up the 149, 169 should be the same.
KennyP

Attachments

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
To all members, I uploaded the 'WF 3 point Install' manual. This covers up to the 149. Didn't have a pic.
KennyP
P.S. Added a pic.

#8 ·
KennyP said:
To all members, I uploaded the 'WF 3 point Install' manual. This covers up to the 149. Didn't have a pic.
KennyP
P.S. Added a pic.
Kenny,
I already uploaded this manual before you did. Your upload is the same as the one I already uploaded. See the second post in this thread.

#9 ·
Sorry, guess I scanned past it.
KennyP

#11 ·
Thanks Very Much Again Guys..........I'm very anxious to get this on before (If EVER) It's time to put the Garden in. It's Not as complicated as I thought it was at all but when your used to looking at a Sears Suburban 3 point Hitch, which is the only one I ever owned , it's quite different!!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
The Cub Cadet 3 point lift is the way to go. You will still need the Brinly Sleeve Hitch Adapter, but with that and the 3 point lift parts, it will still be cheaper than the linked category 0 option. Also, sleeve hitch implements are pretty easily gotten and readily available.

#13 ·
These are a little different because it's for an older narrow frame (I could take pictures from my model 86 which is the same frame as yours if you really want, but this is what I have on hand)
These are the hitch parts:

Wood Tool Natural material Metal Artifact

Here is a pic of the sleeve hitch adapter:

Wood Font Tool Auto part Automotive exterior

Here is a pic of everything installed:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hope this helps....

Attachments

#15 ·
Tmo said:
Kenny,
I already uploaded this manual before you did. Your upload is the same as the one I already uploaded. See the second post in this thread.
Tmo, I can use your link to get to the manual, but if you go to the manuals section, it is not showing. Where is it? When I uploaded my copy, I looked in the implement manuals section and could not see one, so uploaded.

#16 ·
KennyP said:
Tmo, I can use your link to get to the manual, but if you go to the manuals section, it is not showing. Where is it? When I uploaded my copy, I looked in the implement manuals section and could not see one, so uploaded.
It's not really an implement, so I put it in the Brochures and Misc. section. Since most of my stuff is John Deere, and since that sort of accessories for John Deeres were in the John Deere Brochures and Misc. section, I followed suit with this one. It should go in the Misc. section or the Tractor section as it's not an implement or an attachment, but an tractor accessory.

#18 ·
NUTNDUN said:
With all of the different varieties of accessories there can be with each brand I am wondering if we shouldn't have an accessory category under each make maybe?
I actually have been thinking about this last night (yeah, I need a life!). I noticed on some brands, i.e. Bolens, Wheel Horse, etc., the Tractor Section has numerous pages. Maybe break down the Tractor section into the following:

Owners/Operators Manuals
Service/Technical Manuals,
Accessories/Options Manuals

The Implement section could be broken down also, but you may not need that for every brand.

#19 ·
Tmo, I never thought about the Brochures section. Yes, the hitch is an accessory, that's why I thought implements, because they are accessories also.
KennyP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.