• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DennisinWI OFFLINE  

DennisinWI
  • Member No: 52414
  • 32 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 05:50 PM

I recently purchased a Bolens 1054 with some implements from a friend of mine that his dad had purchased new.  This tractor is in amazing condition and came with a 42" mower deck, 30" tiller, and 30" snowcaster.  According to the Wisconsin engine site, the motor was built in January 1972.  I wish I knew how to post pics ! Anyway this same friend has a Bolens Handi-Hoe? he offered to me and said make me an offer.  I did a search, and did not come up with any information.  This is a small single rubber tired cultivator with a small Briggs&Statton engine.  It comes with 3 sets of tools and also has very nice original paint and decals.  says it starts on the first pull.  If possible, could someone tell me a little more about this cool little cultivator?  Tanks for your help.

• laurarg3 said thank you

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 07:16 PM

Welcome to GTT :wave:

Try this for uploading pics, its a how to video

http://gardentractor...file-uploading/

Here's a manual for the Handi Ho machines to give you a better idea if its complete , these were made from 1953-1956

http://gardentractor...olens-handi-ho/

• DennisinWI said thank you

#3 DennisinWI OFFLINE  

DennisinWI
  • Member No: 52414
  • 32 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thanks DR. Bolens for the quick reply.  It would appear to be a model10C-01 from the information you provided.  Knowing it is difficult to estimate a fair value without a picture or seeing it in person, would an offer of $250 to $300 for the machine in good running condition with 3 sets of cultivator tools seem fair? Thanks again for your help.

#4 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,764 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 08:57 PM

Welcome aboard,nice to have a new face on here can't wait for pics,I'm sure you will see the reply "over priced"best way to look at it is pay what you are comfortable with doing,if it's in nice shape and runs well you will be happy IMO
  • DennisinWI and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 07:10 AM

There was one listed for $150 in the Kansas City area.  Tire was flat, one attachment.  Motor did not run.  Looked a little rough like it spent it's life out doors.

Edited by chieffan, June 08, 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 07:11 AM

Its very hard to estimate a value without seeing it but if you feel comfortable paying that then thats really all that matters. I will say that the ho's without the pretty hoods go for less than the ones with the nice Bolens embossed grille

• blackjackjakexxix and DennisinWI have said thanks

#7 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted June 09, 2015 - 12:10 AM

Sounds like it could be a nice original piece. If you want info on the handi-ho gunstuff1000 is the guy to talk to. He has a nice little collection of them and has been collecting bolens for many years.