If you take care of them they will run forever

• MailmAn said thank you

#184 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 10:13 AM

IDK if this is the right place to post this or not, but so far I have been coming up with ZIP, Nadda, Nothin' for some of the parts for my recently purchased Bolens 1250 Large Frame.

(Click here to read my thread: http://gardentractor...today/?p=696480)

In particular right now, I need the complete air cleaner assembly that will mount on the Walbro carburetor on the Wisconsin S-14D engine on my tractor. Here is a photo of what it is supposed to look like (From Bolens1000's store):

194_2.JPG

I may end up needing some more parts for this tractor in the future, but for now this seems to be the hardest part to try to find for it.  I haven't found any listings on eBay for it or from any other of my usual sources so far...  If you also found a spare Walbro carburetor in good shape (or even NOS) for a reasonable price that will fit my engine, I might want a spare in case mine decides to die on me.

(I also could probably use a new OEM exhaust, muffler, and heat shield for my tractor eventually.)

Oh, and while I am thinking about it too, I have had a hard time finding an original, COMPLETE, working Zenith carburetor that will fit the TRA-10D engine in an EK-10 Estate Keeper.  This is a specific carburetor that was designed to work ONLY on the Estate Keepers due to hood clearance issues and control cable routing considerations.  A carburetor from ANY OTHER Wisconsin engine in a Bolens tractor will NOT work on the Estate Keeper engine.  The air cleaner assembly is also unique for this model tractor as it is angled back to clear the hood when it is closed.  I'm also on the look out for any good, solid gas tanks for this engine as well that are not full of rust or all gunked up.  I have several EK-10 project tractors that I am working on trying to restore and I have not come up with anything as far as gas tanks and carburetors go for these things.  I have a couple of parts tractors that I inherited, but they have either already been stripped of the parts that I am looking for or else the parts that are on there are so rusted that they are basically useless to me.

If you also run across almost ANY Estate Keeper parts in good shape or any attachments for them (especially the "rarer" ones, like the reel mower), I would probably be interested in them if the Price I$ Right...

Thanks!

• accidentalchild said thank you

#185 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 10:20 AM

I'm waiting to hear back from my distributor on the air cleaner assembly, trying to keep the price down checking different places for you, Patience! :D  :poke:

• MailmAn and accidentalchild have said thanks

#186 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 10:24 AM

Patience! :D  :poke:

Okay, okay!!!  Sorry for doubting you, Obi-wan!  lol...

I just figured it couldn't hurt to put some more feelers out there early on looking for stuff.  Plus, it can never hurt to have spares just in case...  :smilewink:

Edited by MailmAn, July 14, 2016 - 10:25 AM.

• accidentalchild said thank you