Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Need interchange info or parts

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rustygem OFFLINE  

  • Member
  • Member No: 8723
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 08:03 PM

I usually have old cases but I now have my father in laws late 70's cub cadet 1000 since he passed. It had a noise in 1st and reverse since I got it running so it has sat the last few months. I am looking for interchange info on trans parts or even if anyone has a 1st/reverse slider for one. luckily that is the only damage I can find ( 1 missing tooth ) I hope ti find just a gear rather than a trans. Thanks

For any help you can give


  • rustyoldjunk said thank you

#2 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 7572
  • 760 Thanks
  • 455 posts
  • Location: Templeton, MA

Posted June 03, 2015 - 09:07 PM


The original part number for the gear is 350867R1 which was changed to 717-3078 and is now 917-3078.  Its still available from Cub Cadet for a whopping $100.03 and from Case-IH using 350867R1 for $78.  It was used in every Cub Cadet garden tractor made that had the 3 speed gear drive transmission from the original to the 1535 and also the Farmall and International Cub and Cub LoBoy farm tractors.  If you go to change it I'd recommend checking the shift forks and all the bearings in there also because I've seen them look good from the outside but when I got it apart they were cracked/worn.  I might have a good used one at work I'd sell but I need a couple days to look for it.  Hope this helps.            Stewart

Edited by diesel nut, June 03, 2015 - 09:08 PM.

  • rustyoldjunk and superaben have said thanks