#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,732 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 10:28 PM

I went and looked at a 1993 Mazda B2200 pickup today. The ol thing is in great condition, it runs and drives great. It has a manual 5sp transmission and a 4 cylinder engine. It has great power and is fun to drive. Gets around 26mpg and only paid $1150 for it. :dancingbanana:

I bought it right here in Burns KS, (how easy) I bought it from a older man (not good friends but I do know him pretty well), this was his dads pickup (he's in his 90's), he just quit driving so they decided to sell it. It has a couple dents and dings but nothing major. It has no rust at all and the paint is even in good shape!.

I don't have the money right now so he is holding it for me till the weekend when I get paid, I'm going to pay him half and then pay him the rest next week. I can't wait to get it, it's going to be nice having a vehicle that gets a decent millage, right now my old '81 chevy C30 gets 9mpg, so I'm thinking this little mazda will pay for it's self in no time just in fuel.

Sorry, that's the only picture I have right now.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mazda B2200 063.jpg

• Gtractor, Alc, hamman and 7 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 10:31 PM

Looks like you are making an excellent deal. Hope it all works out.
  • tinbender7, boyscout862 and BTS have said thanks

#3 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 10:32 PM

Looks like you got a nice little pickup and yes I would say in a year it will pay for its self.

• tinbender7, boyscout862 and BTS have said thanks

#4 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,732 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 10:44 PM

I already have a '93 Mazda B2600i that's in really good condition but it's not running. The dumb thing does not have spark and the injectors wont pulse. I have darn near replaced everything on it and it still wont run. No one around can figure it out either. This B2200 that i just got has a carburetor (not fuel injected) so it doesn't have much of a computer in it.

I'm getting so sick of all the wires in my B2600i :mad2:

• Gtractor, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 11:17 PM

That is a nice truck. I'm a big fan of stick shifts. My newer truck doesn't get driven much because it's an automatic. 

The Mazda should be a good truck for you.

• BTS said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 04:37 AM

Nice looking little truck.

• BTS said thank you

#7 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,603 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:13 AM

Thats great! 

I have an F-150 with the 300 six banger that gets 10.5mpg so I bought the Dodge thats in my avitar and went to 30 plus mpg's overnight.  The lil Dodge didn't take long to reclaim its purchase price in fuel savings.   

:thumbs:

• Alc and BTS have said thanks

#8 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:14 AM

Nice little hauler :thumbs:   Hope it serves you well  ,,, and it should

• BTS said thank you

#9 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,305 Thanks
  • 4,658 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:21 AM

That is a nice truck. I'm a big fan of stick shifts. My newer truck doesn't get driven much because it's an automatic. 

We had an old Toyota 5 speed on the floor P/Up years ago..  Had a ball in that thing and the milage was great.  You'll love that thing..  

AND--  It's a lot easier to park!!

• BTS said thank you

#10 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,438 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:29 AM

They are a very good truck,,that would be fuel injected? I had gotten a '91 12 years ago for $180.  It smoked real bad so price was right,,put new rings in it drove it for a couple years and before selling it for way more...Forever I would buy dirt cheap trucks,,put some work into them and drive for a couple years then sell..I have an aversion to depreciation.

• BTS said thank you

#11 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,106 Thanks
  • 3,197 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:49 AM

Nice truck. We don't see them around our area any more. Great mileage, Easy to get in and out of and very easy to load and unload stuff in the bed. Trucks today are so high, you can hardly see into the bed to get stuff in or out, and almost need a ladder to get in the truck. Noel

Edited by propane1, June 03, 2015 - 05:51 AM.

• BTS said thank you

#12 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,453 Thanks
  • 3,362 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:27 AM

They're decent little trucks, that was the last generation before they became re-badged Rangers. On the 2600, if you haven't replaced the crank sensor, might be worth a try, it's a known problem.

• BTS said thank you

#13 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,732 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 07:55 AM

Thanks,

I'm hoping it has a lot of life left in it since it only has 92,xxx miles on it and the PO put less then 10,000 miles on it (since he bought it in 2008) and I bet it never left town.

It's a lot easier to park!!

This pickup will be easier to park, my old C30 is a extended frame and doesn't steer to sharp. When I go to a bigger town to the Dillon's, I always park at the far end were there are no other cars around.

On the 2600, if you haven't replaced the crank sensor, might be worth a try, it's a known problem.

We replaced it, we have replaced every sensor, also replaced the ECM (computer) and we have checked and tested every ground wire. Next we are pulling out the whole wiring harness and going to go through it and see what happens.

Trucks today are so high, you can hardly see into the bed to get stuff in or out, and almost need a ladder to get in the truck. Noel

I know a couple guys around here that have small ladders on their pickups so they can get on the bed. I don't know why pickups half to be so tall??? a pickup (equivalent to my '81 C30) are twice the height and size.

They are a very good truck,,that would be fuel injected?

Nope, it has a carburetor, that's why I like it, my B2600i isn't running because of some computer/wire problem. I think the carburetor runs better then the fuel injection anyway.

I love standard transmissions, it just makes driving more fun!

Edited by BTS, June 03, 2015 - 07:56 AM.

• Cvans said thank you