#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 08:38 PM

Gonna make blade into box like another on here. Where can one get teeth? I want thick flatstock ones with cut tip and holes to adjust with pins. Stores have catalogue saying replacements avail, but person doesn't know how to get,......or Care really! There some on-line place to explore?
  • laurarg3 said thank you

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 08:44 PM

Found some at Rural King, but $39 each! I want four. King Kutter brand.

#3 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 09:05 PM

Check agrisupply they have some in the $10-15 range

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 09:17 PM

You could make them. Just cut the bar stock like you want and if you have a stick welder you could use hardening rod to weld the edge so it does not wear quickly. Someone who works on crawlers could tell you what rod to use.
It is common practice to weld up the traction pads with hardening rod on the tracks, rather than buying all new tracks.
Using a standard steel bar that will bend and harden the wearing edge would be what I would want.

Edited by JD DANNELS, May 31, 2015 - 09:18 PM.

• superaben said thank you

#5 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 09:22 PM

Here you go: http://www.agrisuppl...-shank/p/86635/

• olcowhand, Alc and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 12:18 AM

Looks perfect! Think I'll get those. Have to check out that site. Went to it last night at work and found even MORE of them to buy. Some cheaper, some about same. Not sure what makes differences in some that are same size and look same. Some have less holes to adjust, some have slots, not holes.  Maybe I don't need this long and could use the 14" or 16"?  Guess I should figure out height of outer sides of blade first before purchase.  Thinking now w/out looking that sides are gonna be close to 12" high, so maybe 16" rippers are enough. Also they show many tips to go on the rippers. Do I really need to buy the tips too? They are cheap, have diff styles again, but didn't really want seperate part for that. A former King Kutter box I had didn't have those that I can recall?  I will be making the main tube holder of these out of two parts of angle iron to forum a square tube. That way I can also cut the slots for them much easier than I could in a tube.

Edited by glgrumpy, June 01, 2015 - 07:02 AM.

• Alc said thank you

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 08:13 AM

Agri-Supply seems to be a good company. I bought two hiller discs to make a hiller for my potatoes and was pleased with the service and quality of the product.
  • Alc said thank you

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,739 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 10:52 AM

I don't understand why they're only in NC and Georgia. They would kick the crap out of TSC, Runnings, or Mills Fleet Farm around here.

#9 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 11:15 AM

I ordered some tires through them a few years ago. I had it delivered to a business about a mile away, due to the dog my son had at the time liked to chew on stuff. It must have been a slow day because they added "VI" to all of the agrisupply that was printed on the box (over 50 times). When I went to pick it up, they asked me why I need so much of the stuff. I wasnt in the mood for jokes that day and grabbed the box, thanked them and left. I got home and opened the box to find a set of worn out racing kart tires. It took me awhile to figure out what had happened, but not before firing off a not so nice email to agrisupply customer service. They had a good chuckle when I went back to get MY tires. 

Edited by tater195, June 01, 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#10 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 11:57 AM

I don't understand why they're only in NC and Georgia. They would kick the crap out of TSC, Runnings, or Mills Fleet Farm around here.

I agree and do. Not understand why Thisens (chain out of Wisconsin) even claims to be a Farm Store.
Most stuff I need I have to go to DES Moines Or Ankeny to find. You would think a town of 18,000 and surrounded by farms would have better supplies.
Last summer I needed a u joint for my PTO shaft, farms supply guy looked at me like I was nuts.
The Napa store had it in stock?

Edited by JD DANNELS, June 02, 2015 - 12:02 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#11 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:40 PM

I am realizing how easy I have it with several stores within a few miles that carry just about everything.

#12 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 11:28 PM

Ordered the 16" with three holes and the pins for them.  They had somemore for $3 more and looking at specs and size, could not find a difference, so went with cheaper ones. Only a GT after-all. I'll let ya know how they are when they come.